Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got some broken springs in the rear of my 1996 F250 crew cab short box...

What are my replacement options? I will be towing my Jeep on a 18' trailer with this truck...

I would rather go with new rather than finding some at a junk yard or something...

Thanks!
Patrick

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Go ahead and use superduty springs with the rsk lift. And a sas as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will SD springs require any modifications at all? or are they "bolt in" ready?

sorry i'm a newb...
rsk lift?

sas?

Thanks!
Patrick

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
The 99-07 SD rears will require you to re-use the OBS shackle. You will need to drill the hole larger in the front spring hanger and the shackle, since SD springs use a slightly larger diameter bolt. The SD spring will give you a smoother ride.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Sas is a solid axle swap, ie using a Dana 60 in front instead of the ttb Dana 50. Twin traction beam.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I found some rear super duty B coded springs in a junk yard for $100. They came off of a 2004 F350 that had 30,000 miles. If you put in the time and call around you can find some good springs for a reasonable price. The springs I found had the over load on the top and the bottom and I got all the required hardware with it - and yes the ride is much better, I can tell a big difference. I would say it is worth the effort to find SD springs for the rear.

If you still have the TTb stock F250 front end - I believe you may have an elevation issue between the rear and front. The SD rear springs bring you up 1"-2" and with your front staying at stock level you have a larger than stock rake. Just something to think about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts