Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here's the question/dilemma.

I'm quite positive now the front leaf springs on my truck are sagging pretty good.

I am thinking of trying to fix that problem before it sells, because, well, its one more thing that might help it sell a little faster.

Anyways, my question. The truck supposedly has a Pro Comp 4" lift on it.

Now, if i were to buy new OEM front leafs, take the old OEM section of the front leafs, and mate the new OEM front leafs with the Pro Comp leafs,

would this fix the problem, or am i going to have to replace the entire pack to fix the problem.

If i need to replace the entire pack, i know 4 wheel parts sells these

Leaf Spring

But i can't figure out if thats the entire leaf pack, or just one single leaf?? It says 4-6in of lift. How can it be that broad of a range of lift?

I am confused lol. Prolly becauseing i'm been looking at it all, and thinking bout it all too long, and now i've hit a brick wall.

So, any answer to those questions, or help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated

Also note, I am not wanting to spend a great deal of money on this, because the truck is for sale, but i'm also wanting to do whatever i can to help it sell a little faster

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Hey bud. Yesterday, while up in candler, I saw this sign that said "spring shop" Right there where the International and Cummins dealer is. I thought about goin there and and seeing what they could do for mine. Maybe you could try that too. at least that could be a free way to see what they could do.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bud. Yesterday, while up in candler, I saw this sign that said "spring shop" Right there where the International and Cummins dealer is. I thought about goin there and and seeing what they could do for mine. Maybe you could try that too. at least that could be a free way to see what they could do.
I know where that is. Ride past it all the time at work. Since i work on that side of town alot. I dont think i ever noticed the "spring shop" sign

Hmm, maybe we ought to ride up there at the same time. Having a spring shop straighten, and re-arch the springs would prolly be a much cheaper route.

I just didn't thing we had a spring shop around here, and dont feel like going to johnson city to have it done.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
No doubt. if I can get off of work early, I can ride up there. But I dont think that may be until Thursday. I have to go to Charlotte for most of the day, but will be back around 2-3pm.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We can always try sat. maybe???

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
After I was in the wreck last year (bent my Dually rear end)
The truck was sagging 1 1/2 inches lower on the drivers side (after the body shop said it was done) I took it in and they sent my springs out to be re arched, and wala, done deal, she is now sitting pretty again!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Ok, will you check to see if they are open. We can ride out there. Man, too bad we cant get some more people from the CPA. We could count it as a official meet. HAHA

·
Registered
601 Posts
was it you i talked to about rearching the springs on another thread awhile back?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
last time i got a quote for re arching the springs was $ 150 a piece because they actualy take the spring pack apart. re arch each spring then put the spring packs back togather. but for a total of 300 bucks its cheaper thsan buying new springs. the problem with re arched springs is they dont hold their new arch for long periods of time but it would work just fine for trying to sell your truck.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
last time i got a quote for re arching the springs was $ 150 a piece because they actualy take the spring pack apart. re arch each spring then put the spring packs back togather. but for a total of 300 bucks its cheaper thsan buying new springs. the problem with re arched springs is they dont hold their new arch for long periods of time but it would work just fine for trying to sell your truck.
Well i could probably get the OEM leafs for like 100-120 a side(i know one of the parts guys at a local dealer, and i get a discount if i go through him).

Would i have to also replace the Pro Comp springs is well? or would just replacing the OEM section of the spring pack solve the problem for the most part?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
oh you have them goofy springs that you add a spring pack to your exhisting pack with new U bolts to get your lift?

their basicly the equivelent of blocks for the front end. so i would assume the spring sag would be in the factory pack and not in the additional pack. you should probly be fine replacing the leafs and adding your pro comp packs to them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey rankroddin250 ... you wouldnt happen to have an account over on calguns.net do you... your pictures and sig look mighty familiar.... (sorry for thread jack)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i had my 4inch lift saging in the front. so i baught the leveling hangers in the front and put them on. trucks sits with in a 1/8 inch on all sides now!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh you have them goofy springs that you add a spring pack to your exhisting pack with new U bolts to get your lift?

their basicly the equivelent of blocks for the front end. so i would assume the spring sag would be in the factory pack and not in the additional pack. you should probly be fine replacing the leafs and adding your pro comp packs to them.
No, I've got normal add a leafs up front. At least i assume thats what they are.

Nothin funky about them.

i had my 4inch lift saging in the front. so i baught the leveling hangers in the front and put them on. trucks sits with in a 1/8 inch on all sides now!
\

I may just end up doing that. I was just tryin to fix it the right way, but i think that may end up being too expensive, considering its not gonna help me get anymore money out of the truck.

Where'd you get yur hanger's from?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Hey rankroddin250 ... you wouldnt happen to have an account over on calguns.net do you... your pictures and sig look mighty familiar.... (sorry for thread jack)
noop not me :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts