Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still kicking around the idea of getting the latest flash for my '03. I currently have VXAP1 which was the recall flash in the summer of '03. I get 16.5mpg running 65mph with a 4" lift and 35s.

I'd like to get the inductive heating flash to help with cold starts, what is the latest strategy code with inductive heating for '03? Also, did anyone notice mileage loss with the latest strategy?

Finally, I have heard that you can flash the '04 strategies to an '03 and get rid of the multiple fueling tables and other trash that the '03 strategies have, anyone have information on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
i need to have that done also, and i was wondering when i reflash it w/ the new strategy whats gonna happen when i go to put my programmer back on my truck?????????????? but sorry i cant help ui cause im in the same boat

·
Registered
283 Posts
well that sucks for me cause dj's closed down so i guess ill b goin w/ eric at innovative!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'll be getting a tune from Eric eventually too, just want to get all this stuff sorted out while I'm using Spartan's free tunes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
are the spartan tunes pretty good?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are, and they are free on their website. Sometimes there are shifting or other issues with individual trucks that will require a more customized tune, but mine are doing pretty good. I would just like to try Eric's tunes because I've heard really good things about them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yea for sure but im gonna miss my looney im sure, its handled a few dmaxes so i dont wanna loose the tune but oh well i guess:dunno:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
yep, return to stock before reflash, then when you get the new strategy tunes, the livewire will download the new stock file and viola! you're set!

would be neat to make the 03's run like newer models, why wouldnt it work? I dunno..I'm not going to be the guinea pic tho!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You wont notice a difference with the new flash other than it wont buzz when ya shut it off. Ive reflashed probly 10 trucks and no complaints about fuel mileage. The goal of the flash is to help with injector sticking on cold start ups. we havnt had many cold days in wisconsin yet, but im sure it works. And if you have the old strategy where it buzzes you dont need to get the flash as long as you arnt having problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts