Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my truck last night and noticed a weird noise under boost (around 18-20 psi) when I was passing a car. The sound only happens every once in awhile. I would best describe the sound as something like a tea kettle blowing off steam or a serpentine belt slipping. This morning I pulled my intake tubes all the way down to the turbo and inspected them for damage. I also checked my turbo and it did not feel like there was excessive play at all. Everything looked ok so I cleaned and reinstalled everything. I also looked at the boots down to the intercooler and made sure they were tight. They were a little oil saturated and may need replacement sometime soon. After I did all that I test drove it and built the same amount of boost. I did this 4 times and there was no noise except for a split second where the sound came and then went away immediately. Can you guys help me narrow down the source of the sound?

My truck has 141000 on it. Has stock size exhaust straight piped. Napa Intake mod. A PHP hydra chip that pretty much stays on 80 hp daily driver tune.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts