Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont want to sell and I dont need to sell. But it is pointless for me to have a truck this big. I cant fit it in the campus parking garage or parking lot so it would have to sit and I dont want that.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/3241127663.html

Here is my CL ad. I will get some newer pics up here with the 35s. Truck runs great. I know Ill never find another cclb zf6 forged block again but I need to put school first.

PM me if you have any questions. Asking $10,000 firm, I listed the pros and cons of the truck in the CL ad.

thanks for looking

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as she sits now.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why won't you sell it to somebody who knows about diesels...
Lol did I say that in the ad? Thanks man I'll edit it, not paying attention to what I was typing. Good catch lol

Sent from my DROID3

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
same here haha when i saw that i was like hmmm okay? lol good lookin truck sounds like a just like a daily driver to me with the normal wear and tear. good looking truck! best of luck with sale! arnt those psp a B!tch? ive replaced mine like 3 times now haha probably could do it with my eyes closed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same here haha when i saw that i was like hmmm okay? lol good lookin truck sounds like a just like a daily driver to me with the normal wear and tear. good looking truck! best of luck with sale! arnt those psp a B!tch? ive replaced mine like 3 times now haha probably could do it with my eyes closed.
yeah, I'm so busy I dont have time to replace. Ill be taking 6 classes this semester plus working so I really wont have time to even drive it.
After I graduate I'll get back into diesels, probably a 6.4, tuned, deleted, studs, single turbo, etc

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
yeah, I'm so busy I dont have time to replace. Ill be taking 6 classes this semester plus working so I really wont have time to even drive it.
After I graduate I'll get back into diesels, probably a 6.4, tuned, deleted, studs, single turbo, etc
BINGO, thats what im looking into to doing just dont know if i want to totally get rid of my 7.3 or keep it and save up some and make tons of payments on a 6.4. ive got a thread going in 6.4 chat for people to tell me the pros and cons of the 6.4 and so far im convinced about doing it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Says it deleted by author.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Says deleted by author and I would like to know more about it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I updated the ad and forgot to post it here. Hold on ill get the new one

Sent from my DROID3

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pic taken today

Sent from my DROID3

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump to the top.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

BUMP

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ad is deleted. Can you post the info from the ad here?
I just updated the links:http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/3241127663.html

quote from the CL ad:

First off I dont need to sell.
Second if you DO NOT know anything about diesel trucks I will not sell it to you, I want someone who will take care of it.
Late 99 F350 crew cab long bed 4x4 with the 7.3 Powerstroke and ZF6 manual transmisson and transfer case and 277,000 miles on it
The late 99 trucks have the bigger turbo, injectors, inter-cooler,etc compared to the older 7.3 engines
Please do a state wide Craigslist search for a similar truck before you want to offer less than what I am asking
This is the best combo in a Ford truck, it has the Forged rod engine along with the manual trans
Truck is an absolute beast, will tow anything you throw behind it, very fast and still gets great fuel mileage, with the straight pipe exhaust the truck sounds mean

The Good:
New Garrett stock turbo, Ford injectors, oil pan (engine was pulled to replace the pan) alternator, two batteries, HD glow plug relay, injector harnesses installed about a year and half ago
I lifted the front end about 3 months ago with all new parts, new rancho shocks up front, brand new tie rod ends
All fluids kept up to date, oil changes every 5000 miles with Motorcraft filter and Rotella 15-40, fuel filter changed every oil change
Frame of the truck is rock solid and clean
has custom true cowl all metal hood
Truck runs absolutly mint, I am expecting to go at least 500,000 miles before needing a rebuild
No turbo shaft play, no weird sounds or problems, starts perfect cold or hot
20%tint all the way around with 35% on the windshield
Interior is clean, everything works, A/C blows cold, Led interior lights, center console, seats 5
Great brakes all the way around
Has very nice goodyear wrangler mud tires with the Kevlar sidewalls size 315/75/16 that cost me 1200 new
6637 4inch air intake, Straightpipe exhaust, the turbo spools up real nice and it turns heads

The bad:
the cab corners and rear rockers need replaced, there used to be running boards on the truck that held water inside the rockers. There is no exposed or existing rust on the truck. I sprayed the rockers in and out as well as over the wheel wells with bedliner so the truck is solid.
There was rust on the bottom of the drivers door, I cut it out and filled it on with fiberglass so it is solid. Once again the bottom of the doors were sprayed inside and out with bed liner.
The bed was replaced with one from a newer truck and repainted, there are a couple small dents in it and you can see where it was repaired over the wheel wells and bedlined.
The power steering pump needs replaced, I have a brand new one
The fuel gauge is always on full, I am 99% sure the float for it is on the bottom of the tank
The fuel pump is loud, I have a replacement
Drives seat is torn really bad so I keep seat covers on it
Tires rub at full turn, doesnt hurt anything
needs new intermediate E brake cable

I have listed everything that I can think of, truck as all highway miles on it, It is not a daily driver or beat on as I only use it for long trips or towing a small trailer

I am asking 10,000 cash only FIRM
If you have a trade it must be worth at least 10,000
call or text 330-419-0323 or email
Be serious as I dont have time for games, I work and go to school full time
I know about diesel trucks I do my own work on them, this truck is not beat on and has been maintained
Must have proof of insurance and drivers license to drive, Ive dealt with too many jokers in the past
Only reason I am selling is because I am in school and cant park it on campus so it will end up sitting

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
comes with a 3 stage Hypertech Programmer that I used to adjust the speedo for tire size. I have only tried on stage 1, I wouldnt recommend running anything higher until gauges are installed so you can keep an eye on temps.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sold

Sent from my DROID3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts