Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 F350 CC KR, single rear with 6.0 at 130k. I've been slowly tearing my motor apart the last 3 months or so to replace my #3 piston and would like to know what else you guys recommend I do/upgrade/replace while I've got it torn down.

I just got the piston out (pushed it up from below via the oil pans) and after I hone the cylinder, I'll start reassembly. I'm installing/replacing the following:

#3 rod bearing
3# piston and rings
new upper and lower oil pan gaskets
18mm OEM head gaskets
arp head studs
EGR delete (had on already but the solution kit I bought came with the sinister kit so I figure I'll use it)
went ahead and replaced factory exhaust with 4" straight pipe MBRP
had heads planned and crack checked, pressure checked and valved as needed
new turbo gasket/oring
new intake gaskets
new exhaust gaskets
new injector orings all around

I think that's it... any input would be greatly appreciated. pushrods? STC fitting? anything???

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated stc, dummy plugs, standpipes, blue spring update, coolant filter, upper oil orings on the injectors wouldnt hurt either.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Guess I should have listed what I've already got. I already have the blue spring and coolant filter. I'll be running silicate free concentrate coolant and full synthetic rotella T6

I am putting 2 new injectors in but can't afford any more right now.

Upper oil rings?

What will the dummy plugs and standpipes do for me? (still kind of a diesel novice, just very mechanically inclined)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.