Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 F350 CC KR, single rear with 6.0 at 130k. I've been slowly tearing my motor apart the last 3 months or so to replace my #3 piston and would like to know what else you guys recommend I do/upgrade/replace while I've got it torn down.

I just got the piston out (pushed it up from below via the oil pans) and after I hone the cylinder, I'll start reassembly. I'm installing/replacing the following:

#3 rod bearing
3# piston and rings
new upper and lower oil pan gaskets
18mm OEM head gaskets
arp head studs
EGR delete (had on already but the solution kit I bought came with the sinister kit so I figure I'll use it)
went ahead and replaced factory exhaust with 4" straight pipe MBRP
had heads planned and crack checked, pressure checked and valved as needed
new turbo gasket/oring
new intake gaskets
new exhaust gaskets
new injector orings all around

I think that's it... any input would be greatly appreciated. pushrods? STC fitting? anything???

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Updated stc, dummy plugs, standpipes, blue spring update, coolant filter, upper oil orings on the injectors wouldnt hurt either.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated stc, dummy plugs, standpipes, blue spring update, coolant filter, upper oil orings on the injectors wouldnt hurt either.

Guess I should have listed what I've already got. I already have the blue spring and coolant filter. I'll be running silicate free concentrate coolant and full synthetic rotella T6

I am putting 2 new injectors in but can't afford any more right now.

Upper oil rings?

What will the dummy plugs and standpipes do for me? (still kind of a diesel novice, just very mechanically inclined)

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
"Updated" standpipes and dummy plugs will compliment the stc fitting update. It wil prevent future hpo leaks, leaving you sitting on side of the road. The orings in the injectors that the oil rail fits into on the top of your injectors, prevents more future hpo leaks. Alliant has a procedure that makes it ready to replace them. I can't make attachments, but you can google. You can buy the kits, they are fairly cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts