Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LTJDS
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the Build Date that the Last of the Original "HIGH WHISTLE" Different Vane Count , Turbos were installed in the 6.0L Diesel engine ? I Know some time in 2003 , but does anybody know the LAST BUILD DATE to have the 1st generation VGT turbo installed in the Diesel 6.0L??
This Turbo was discontinued for a model that had like 14 vanes instead of 11 or 12, any info on seeing the difference of the turbo and the last date the Build was made installing this Turbo ??? Thanks for the HELP.
This is the 1st gen that req a different mounting pedestal. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
591 Posts
:bump: :bump:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
9/29/03 I believe is the date for the 03 engine and turbo which is my trucks bday. I have not verified the vane count but the 03 turbo is 10 vanes the 04-05 is 12 vanes and 06-07 is 15 or so I have been educated. As far as pedistals I think each style has its own pedistal.

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
9/29/03 I believe is the date for the 03 engine and turbo which is my trucks bday. I have not verified the vane count but the 03 turbo is 10 vanes the 04-05 is 12 vanes and 06-07 is 15 or so I have been educated. As far as pedistals I think each style has its own pedistal.
really??? I thought the 04's were the 12 vane abd the 05-07's were the 15 vane turbos. :dunno:

·
Registered
189 Posts
03.5-Early 04(2003 Engines)= 10 blades on exhaust turbine
04= 13 Blades on exhaust turbine
05 Up = 15 Blades on exhaust turbine

The vanes have nothing to do with the whistle.......it is the air rushing past the exhaust turbine wheel. Less blades = more whistle.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
9/29/03 was suppost to be the last date they put 03 engines in trucks. For early 04 model trucks

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
The production date doesn't necessarly determine the blade count. Just count the exhaust side vanes to know it's what you want since the 10-vane is considered the loudest whistle for these turbos.

·
LTJDS
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANK YOU ALL

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT INFO YALL< AND yes I'm Back, My truck has been waiting for me to get some money and do some body work this DEC.09
I am Going to do Head Studs and an 03' Turbo before the Body work and Paint. Then after 12/09 , I should be back on line on a regular basis.
I am studying for a Captains test for my job at the Fire Dept. After that is over in early October, the project begins. :icon_ford::nod:
PS: STUMP WAAZZZZZ UP !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts