Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my current setup in my sig...if I add bushwacker cutouts what is the largest tire I can fit? I currently have 35x12.50x20 Toyo M/T's

Thanks for the help Powerstrokers:icon_ford:

Sergio

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Depends on how much you cut out??? But some 38s would look nice under there

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on how much you cut out??? But some 38s would look nice under there
I'm not too familiar with how much they cut out with the bushwacker setup, but I agree that 38's would be sweet! Thanks for the help:icon_ford:

Sergio

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
BTW thats the nicest lookin 2wd i have ever seen.... Looks great the way it is!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW thats the nicest lookin 2wd i have ever seen.... Looks great the way it is!!!
Thank you sir! It's just to have others tell me that...maybe my next PSD will be a 4x4:icon_ford: Hopefully I can get slightly larger tires without a lot of rubbing

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Tank has 41's stuffed under his 4.5" lift with cutouts, so with a 6" an cutouts, i's say at least the same if not a 42 or 44

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it were me... I'd leave it the way it is and enjoy it.
Why is everyone always telling me that?!?:hehe:

That's always an option too, but I thought I'd get some ideas considering I'm a guy:thumb:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why don't you go with a taller lift instead of cutouts? You have a very good looking truck and I'm not so sure the cutouts would look as good as the setup you have?

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
A truck is like a woman...You buy more and more things to make it pretty and they cost you a lot, and then when it gets some miles on it, you get a newer one! Enjoy it upgrade it and then dump it when you're bored!!! lol (don't tell my wife I said this)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why don't you go with a taller lift instead of cutouts? You have a very good looking truck and I'm not so sure the cutouts would look as good as the setup you have?
Well I also thought about the Pocket Style flares which I think look sweet, so that may be the other option. As far as lifting, I would absolutely love a bigger lift with 37", but the problem lies in the fact that I have a 2WD truck....no ones makes larger than a 6" for my truck. The option I would do would have to be a front-axle conversion and that's $$$

A truck is like a woman...You buy more and more things to make it pretty and they cost you a lot, and then when it gets some miles on it, you get a newer one! Enjoy it upgrade it and then dump it when you're bored!!! lol (don't tell my wife I said this)
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::rofl::rofl: That was brilliant!:thumb:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What do the bushwacker cutouts look like? I don't think I have seen them before.
Check out tank's truck....then look up the pocket style...that is another option:thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
thease are the pocket style flares...

and tank should pop his head in here in a bit knowing him, he'll post the cut-outs for ya

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Tire width will make BIG difference, and so will Backspacing on your wheels

Like said before ...my 05 has 4.5" of lift, and 41" Iroks, Bushwackers Cut-outs, and my wheels are 4.5" of backspacing.

And YES...I have tested it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After seeing the Iron Bull truck and some of tank's testimony, I think I will be going with the Pocket Style flares which look sexy too:thumb:

Tank's right about the back spacing; I'm not sure about mine, but I'm sure someone could chime in and tell based off my rims and tire combo in my sig. And I'm willing to bet that mine isn't 4.5" so that probably wouldn't be an option.

Someone also stated about gas mileage; I agree with them too, but I'm supporting Team Vespa, so I only drive to the job sites in my truck a couple days a week!

Thanks for everyone's input! If anyone knows about a taller lift available for my truck...let me know A.S.A.P:icon_ford: I hear rumor that Fabtech will be releasing an 8"-9" lift in the coming months for 05-07 2WD trucks!!!!!!:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
here's a stupid question...what is the difference between the 2wd and 4wd suspension in 05-07? I know the 2wd dually and the twin I beam, but as for a normal 250 or a single wheel 350...wouldn't it be the same? Otherwise I know a company that can make you a larger lift..PM me if you want the info.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts