Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all after being away for a while due to someone stealing my truck and writing it off I am back again. New truck new batch of problems. Quick history that I know. 07 6.0 bought truck supposed blown engine as he was told by his mechanic after his mechanic charged him to replace turbo and ficm so those r new. At the time engine started and idled awesome as soon as u put throttle big smoke jerk. I brought home. A mouse best in muffler cut exhaust off. Plugged ebp tube cleaned out. Now truck is drive able but lacks any power under 2500 no power till over 10 pounds of boost Wich happens at 2500. Idle blue smoke diesel smell for sure. No mods except exhaust less now Any help be awesome. Ebp sensor replaced with known good one. It will build 25 pounds of boost once ur going but still lacks power compared to my old one at boost levels. The veins do exercise while idling

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Check the air filter. Load test batteries, check ficm.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New air filter. New batteries. Ficm does drop to 47 now and then but normally 47.5-48.5

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Are you able to pull codes? Have you check to make sure there are motorcraft filters and caps. Smelling fuel sounds like injector problems. Pull oil filler cap and look for excessive vapor and pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok pulled codes no engine codes at all. Changed turbo today. Much much better. However now there is still a part throttle issue like if I'm cruding along steady throttle it starts missing and chugging. Exhaust still cut off under truck so can not tell colour at this time. Also if I command egr to 0 prevents it wakes right up and doesn't chug. The egr valve is good. It was taken from my old perfectly running truck as was turbo and ebp sensor. When I changed egr valve it was dry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It also does appear number 5 injector is intermittently cutting out. And am doing filter and oil change tomorrow

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It also running warmer then my old truck. This one running 230 new thermostat

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
It also running warmer then my old truck. This one running 230 new thermostat
Thats rediculous! Needs to be 190.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh that's what my old one ran 190-195. And it not even hot this week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts