Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just had a HPOP changed. Does anyone know the book time to R&R a HPOP on a 6 Liter. I do know it is a long job but I think 35 hours is a little long.
Any thoughts???

1,023 Posts
35? should be 3-5 let me guess you took it to an independant didnt you? for 35 hours you could have had much of the truck rebuilt-new engine, new front suspension at least.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have an 06' and NO Diesel knowledge or what I was doing, it took me 35 hours, it should not take a mechanic that long

1,023 Posts
I have an 06' and NO Diesel knowledge or what I was doing, it took me 35 hours, it should not take a mechanic that long
A ford diesel tech like myself can get the job done 3-5hrs. It took me 5 or 6 yesterday to do a HPFP in a 6.4 cab on. 6.0 3 going at a decent pace 5 if im taking my sweet time. ANY mechanic whos never done one, will take as long as you did. How do i know? Alot of my friends who worked in dealerships and then left the dealer scene and opened thier own shops, get 6.0s in alot. When my one buddy Chris got a 6.0 for a no start and he was GM completely GM certified since 82 til 08 when he left, he was absolutely bewildered. When he did get the truck to finally run, it took him all of 8 hours for 4 days straight. Has the same tools as i do, minus the ford SSTs, he knows duramax's like the back of his hand, same with 6.2s and 6.5s and when he got the opportunity to do 1 6.0 he'll never do another one unless its on a Saturday and im there to teach/help him.

Thats why independents are becoming a nuisance unless you work 2-3 dealerships to get to know everything like the back of your hand for FORD GM CHRYSLER your not gonna make it. Sure in theory all engines are going to operate the same way, they all need air, fuel, compression, and voltage. I say voltage because either a distributor or coil, or lift pump or injector need to fire a diesel or gas motor. Unless you work on these things everyday, your not going to make ANY time on it, you give me codes that are duramax/cummins specific and scantool data if i dont know what specs are, forget it it will take me a while to figure out. Repetition repetition repetition is the only way youll make any time on these things

·
Registered
1 Posts
im new to this forum, but i am curious about these posts. I resently bought a 6.0 with 104000 miles on it. I think my hpop is going out. My questions are 1. Is a 1200.00 one from diesel site the way to go
2. I have mechanical experience so are y'all saying it will take around 35 hours to do this replacement?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts