Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the parts necessary to delete my 2013 f250 6.7. I have 5' downpipe back exhaust, sinister egr delete. sinister cold side pipe upgrade. sct x4 with tunes and s&b cai. I was quoted 1800 to install all this. Seems super high. Whats the normal cost associated with this.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That is super high. Gross, you bought Sinister parts?

·
Registered
871 Posts
EGR delete is the hardest part. All the rest could be done by yourself. Save $1800....buy beer, enjoy the under hood time.
Absolutely!!

My brother and I did mine...EGR delete, DP back 5" exhaust, S&B intake, CAC, tuning. Took a day and a half, but we took our time. Especially on the EGR. We used lots of penetrating oil and time to get the bolts out without breaking them. It was a fun project!!

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did mine in the driveway solo with a 12 pack. The hardest part was the removal of the egr system and the 2 broken bolts on the exhaust manifold. I ended up having to drill out the broken bolts and went ahead and tapped for 1/4-20. I did have an issue with that gasket not sealing afterwards as I did not have a new one. Pulled and annealed it and it’s holding like a champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would agree with most everyone that has responded, give it a go yourself. Took me and 2 buddies about 2-3 hours to get it all done. Soak the bolts for about a week before and take your time. Relatively easy job, once you get over the fear of not breaking some bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
A shop probably wants to charge so much because they are taking a risk by removing emissions equipment from a street driven vehicle, they can be hit with major fines if the EPA catches them doing that. I agree with what everyone else says about doing it yourself, unless you are physically unable.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
I heard a rumor awhile back that one shop wouldn't let you drive the truck to their shop. They would come to you, have you remove the license plate, load the truck on a trailer, do the work. Then once you were happy with the work, drop it off at your house. Sounds legit to me.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I heard a rumor awhile back that one shop wouldn't let you drive the truck to their shop. They would come to you, have you remove the license plate, load the truck on a trailer, do the work. Then once you were happy with the work, drop it off at your house. Sounds legit to me.....
Must have been an off road race truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts