Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Yall's help .My old man has a 2001, 7.3 with about 89,000 miles, only problem was the trans at about 55,000 and upgraded it to the old/new design and has a supership in it. Here is the thing when the fuel gauge get's down to the first line, it starts a knocking sound, sometimes it gets really bad, but as soon as you put more diesel in it it goes away:dunno:. He just had the screen in the tank replaced,thought it would fix the problem because the plastic screen fixture was broken where it connects to the hose. Still doing it. It was knocking today, went to put diesel ,as I was pumping noise went away and wont come back till it get down to the first line.

·
Registered
781 Posts
When the tnak was open did the person doing it look inside the take to see if you had somthing flowing around the there? my best though with out hereing the truck first had.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
You can't see into the tank, on the superduties the hose goes way down and curves. It's stupid.

Do you have a way to drop the tank man? That'd probably be the best way to see, and what a shop would more than likely do. While you're at it do the "harpoon mod" (think that's what it's called) look it up on here, it's pretty cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts