Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting new tires for my truck. Was gonna go with the Kumho KL71 in 285/75/16 but just got done looking at the BFG KM2's and they look great too. Might go with them in the 285 or maybe 255/85/16's. I have seen some guys are getting 40,000miles + out of both these tires. Let me know what you guys think about both these tires.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ive ran them both anf like the bfg's better

·
Registered
169 Posts
84K???? Come on man this aint the fishin forum. Its kinda funny, im not talkin **** but just the other day i had a guy try to tell me he put like 70 or 90k miles on some boggers.lol maybe if you never get over 40mph and drive around on dirt roads.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
84K???? Come on man this aint the fishin forum. Its kinda funny, im not talkin **** but just the other day i had a guy try to tell me he put like 70 or 90k miles on some boggers.lol maybe if you never get over 40mph and drive around on dirt roads.
WOW callin me a liar and you don't even know me!!!! NICE!!! I am only giving MY experience with these tires. I have posted in many other threads about the KM2 and have said in those I don't know if its a fluke fo me to get these results? I will definetly buy these again to see. as I stated, I own a contruction company and drive a tri-state area hauling equipment and materiels. There are many other org members that know when the tires have been put on and my experience with them so far. I dont care if you believe me on not!!! If you just want to put a set of tires on your rig and drive it without checking proper inflation or rotation ,Im shure you will only get 20-30k on any tire. I spend time with my maint. on them because they cost so much and with the amount of driving I do, I can't afford to put new tires on every 6 months......I hope you have a good day sir...........my rant is done!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
WOW callin me a liar and you don't even know me!!!! NICE!!! I am only giving MY experience with these tires. I have posted in many other threads about the KM2 and have said in those I don't know if its a fluke fo me to get these results? I will definetly buy these again to see. as I stated, I own a contruction company and drive a tri-state area hauling equipment and materiels. There are many other org members that know when the tires have been put on and my experience with them so far. I dont care if you believe me on not!!! If you just want to put a set of tires on your rig and drive it without checking proper inflation or rotation ,Im shure you will only get 20-30k on any tire. I spend time with my maint. on them because they cost so much and with the amount of driving I do, I can't afford to put new tires on every 6 months......I hope you have a good day sir...........my rant is done!!!!!
well said. I respect you :thumb:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
thats the truth here guys. Seen his truck several times, and it looks like the tires are still brand new!! He aint lying! They are an awesome tire fo sure!!
I do LOVE the look of the KL71's! I am looking for some feedback on other sites as to knw if I wanna put them in 35" size on my truck.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
I would love a set of those but do they make them in 16.5?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'm gonna go with the KM2's now I have to deside if I want to go wit hthe 285-75-16 or the 255-85-16. The 255 are about $20-$30 cheaper a tire they are both the same Dia. just the 285's are little over 1inch wider. I'm runnig stock aluminum wheels and stock ride.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
First of all I know Mike and I know his truck and he is telling you straight up. If I was the OP I think I would believe someone who is actually running the tire he is asking about and not some knucklehead who is just trying to stir the pot!!! I bet you feel like a idiot now, if not you should!!!
NCH out :thumb:

·
Registered
310 Posts
u can get 60+ k miles out of any radial tire as long as u rotate them regularly and dont roast them at every light u can. i had a half ton ford single cab with 35 radial SSR's from super swamper and got 76k out of them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry if you got the wrong impression, i was just giving you a hard time, but honestly i have never heard of getting more than around 30K or 40K on MT's with a 3/4 ton. I wasnt trying to stir anything, I dont get where everyone is sayin i called him a liar i just ment i find it hard to believe.
And for the :tard: who said i should feel like an idiot, i dont, just to answer your question, its not my fault you ethier cant read or misinterpret everything you read. :thumb:

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry if you got the wrong impression, i was just giving you a hard time, but honestly i have never heard of getting more than around 30K or 40K on MT's with a 3/4 ton. I wasnt trying to stir anything, I dont get where everyone is sayin i called him a liar i just ment i find it hard to believe.
And for the :tard: who said i should feel like an idiot, i dont, just to answer your question, its not my fault you ethier cant read or misinterpret everything you read. :thumb:
Could we all have misinterpreted you? hmmm

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
OK, i saw Mikes. MudRunningPigs tire today. They have 84k because several of the CPA guys were there when he got them, and he honestly has 84k on them, and i promise you they still have another 30k in them. No lie, these tires should make it to 100k easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts