Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed m king ranch seats yesterday an the passenger seat fit in perfectly wiring harness correct and everything but the heater works. drivers seat not so much. the harness is different. its bigger than the oem one. any ideas on how to hook er up? i know i need to run 12 v for the heaters but what do i need to make the seat motor work?

thanks
mike:(

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
There is a write up on the net on how to direct wire the new seats to the older SD trucks. I would use a nice quality lighted toggle switch for the heaters. I have seen several done and if done right it looks factory.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well awesome!! That's super helpful man thanks for the reply do u happen to have a link by chance? Thanks for the insight at least I know others are solving this mutual issue!

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
What year of truck are the seats from? There are a couple different wiring setups Ford has used. I've worked on 02 and 05 heated/power seats installed in older trucks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they are 04 King ranch and my truck is an 02 came with leather power seats but not heated option. I will get some pics of the harnesses tonight that may help determine what year at least.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres some pics lol I apologize for the quality the truck is at home and I am on shift until sunday at 0730 so my lovely Gf took the pics lol lmao! all I have to say is thank god shes pretty!! lol:doh: the first pic shows the larger connector that comes off the seat as well as a smaller grey connector just under it. then there is the small grey connector that comes up from the floor these grey connectors fit together but the pins with wires dont match up. Sorry bout the vague pics Ill post more on this sunday.

Attachments

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
When you have the time, look at the 8 pin connector on the driver's seat, and the 4 pin connector on the passenger seat. Post up the wire colors for both connectors so they can be identified. :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is all from drivers seat I realized I did not follow directions lol I will post these and then post passenger seat asap.. thanks lol

Picture descriptions: ALL PICS OFF DRIVERS SEAT

photo 15= male harness coming from truck floor

photo 14= small male harness coming from seat

photo 13= Large female input and small female input

photo 11=the back side of the large and small female inputs

Attachments

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Okay, photo 14 will be from the seat to the driver's seat belt catch. That one will plug in for sure.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Okay, I can't really see all the wires on the 8-pin connector, but...

Green wire: 30A hot at all times power seat motors. This will feed both seats.
Black wire: Ground, wire to both seats

I'm assuming the driver's seat has a relay under it?
Blue/pink? (small wire): ignition input, turns on the seat heater relay when ignition is on.
Red: 30A heated seat power feed
White/red: switch heated seat power. this wire feeds switched power from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok so lets see if I have this correct

green from seat connects to green from truck
red with black stripe from seat connects to green from truck
white/red from seat connects to green from truck

small black with blue stripe from seat connects to small black with blue stripe from truck

black from seat connects to black from truck

is that right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts