Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 King Ranch F-250. Every once in a while I'll notice my butt is on fire, look down and the heated seats are on. My wife was telling me this as well, I told her she was full of crap, or that it the button was just getting bumped upon entry/exit, but it is happening to much to be a coincidence.

I haven't really dug into the button to see if there is a definite on position and a definite off position, but driving down the road and playing with the button (totally unsafe), it seems like on/off are in same position, under same type of pressure.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Yes there is no difference in the on and off position. I've seen on a forum where a guy put two LED lights in the center console that light up when the seat warmer is on making it real easy to spot impending butt burning. Ford obviously didn't think this one through in regards to switch location. Mine get turned on by peoples legs at least five times out of ten. Man is it ever annoying realizing too late why my butt is drenched in sweat. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it that we're inadvertently hitting the button as we get in the truck? Or is it an electrical gremlin (scientific term) that is causing it to get turned on?

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's inadvertent, the switch being on the front corner gets bumped on the way up and in all the time. Just click the button once and it should be off.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Yup, inadvertently getting turned on. Ford should have put the switch further back on the seat.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Yes that's the one I saw a while back, it's a good idea.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My wife did the same complaining of her butt catching fire in the passengers seat. I did the same for a while, blaming her that she was hitting the button getting in the truck. Long story short, she wasn't nuts. I ordered a new button and problem solved.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The very reason I put lights on mine. My wife's seat would sit there and cook all the while she wasn't sitting there. Easy to turn those suckers on just getting in and out.

The lights are a big help. Glad I did this. I used a little larger light than the one poster did. Found them at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
192 Posts
relocating the butt burning light is a great idea! Thanks for the pics-

·
Registered
117 Posts
I found a non-heated seat trim plastic and mounted some plain rocker switches. At least now i can feel with my hands what position its in.

I added heated seats to my wife's car and found some cool switches on ebay. They have a seat symbol on them and a red LED.

Sent from my Android powered Galaxy phone using Autoguide free app while I should be working.

·
Registered
666 Posts
This is awesome, great idea, thx guys.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your truck has the ford rocker switches on the dash (4 of them) just reroute the wires to use 2 of these switches and no more bumping them on!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts