Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just baught a 04 f350 dually, it has only 36,000 miles on it.. i think an old man just used it to haul a RV.. the problem i have is a couple of times it actually acted like it stalled when driving it... no power, no revs, but than black smoke and took off like nothing was wrong... any suggestions,,

·
Registered
786 Posts
Sounds to me like maybe problems with the VGT. I am thinking that your turbo is sticking. Main reason: Your truck has only been driven an average of 5,000 miles a year. That is brutal on these engines. I am betting you will find rust inside your turbo. Is it throwing any codes?

Extremely low mileage on a 6.0l is not a good thing like on a gasser.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO CODES, ONLY DONE IT TWICE SINCE I BAUGHT IT.. IT ONLY DID IT WHEN I FIRST BAUGHT IT, I PUT ABOUT 1200 MILES ON IT... I HAS SURGED, SEEMS LIKE WHEN IT STARTS SURGING, I CAN TURN THE TRUCK OFF, RESTART IT, AND ITS FINE..... NOT SURE HOW IT SHOULD RUN CUZ IM NEW TO DIESELS, BUT IM SURE IT DIDNT RUN LIKE THIS NEW.... I DONT HAVE ANY OF THE EGR SYMPTOMS, NO WHITE SMOKE, PUKING, BUT IT SEEMS TO ME LIKE THE TURBO DOESNT SPOOL UP LIKE IT SHOULD, BUT SOMETIMES IT RUNS LIKE A RAPED APE.... A FEW TIMES I REALY HAD TO BEAT IT TO GET THE TURBO TO WHINE..... ALL IN ALL IT RUNS GREAT, BUT SOMETIMES IT JUST ISNT RIGHT!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts