Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way back to the house this afternoon and due to some big hills on the HWY my truck was rollin a little coal goin up them. I was on the cell phone with a friend when i notcie a white singlecab flatbed ford with a SCT sticker above the F-350 sign come up beside me, he's obvioulsy in the playful mood as he decides to roll a little coal on me :hehe: there was a long straight away in front of us and the roads were unusually clear so i figured what the heck...I drop the hammer, black smoke everywhere and gain a good 2 lengths on him right away, i was gettin pretty dern excited as i figured i had just won my FIRST race:nod:

Low and behold i look in the mirror to see him gainin on me fast, REAL FAST :doh: with just a small haze comin out his tip, next thing i know he's in front of me by a length. I let off at 90mph and he was still leaving me behind.

The truck really looked like a 7.3 but with how hard he was pullin on me im thinking it had to be a 6.0 runnin custom tunes:dunno:

I also threw the SES light, anyone know what a "common" code to throw when runnin the truck that hard is? HPOP not keepin up?

Long story short...i got beat:(

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
we are all on the same team...lol. good story prolly was a 6.0 next time you can tell by looking at the powerstroke badge they are different than ours unless he changed it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
the 6.0 has the f-250 and powerstroke badges chromed

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
I was on my way back to the house this afternoon and due to some big hills on the HWY my truck was rollin a little coal goin up them. I was on the cell phone with a friend when i notcie a white singlecab flatbed ford with a SCT sticker above the F-350 sign come up beside me, he's obvioulsy in the playful mood as he decides to roll a little coal on me :hehe: there was a long straight away in front of us and the roads were unusually clear so i figured what the heck...I drop the hammer, black smoke everywhere and gain a good 2 lengths on him right away, i was gettin pretty dern excited as i figured i had just won my FIRST race:nod:

Low and behold i look in the mirror to see him gainin on me fast, REAL FAST :doh: with just a small haze comin out his tip, next thing i know he's in front of me by a length. I let off at 90mph and he was still leaving me behind.

The truck really looked like a 7.3 but with how hard he was pullin on me im thinking it had to be a 6.0 runnin custom tunes:dunno:

I also threw the SES light, anyone know what a "common" code to throw when runnin the truck that hard is? HPOP not keepin up?

Long story short...i got beat:(
Yup probably a p1211 code. HPOP not keeping up

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Could of also been an overboost code if it went back out.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could of also been an overboost code if it went back out.
Could be:dunno: I was pushing about 25 lbs i believe and started to get some bad surge so i let off

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
did the badge look like this or similar to it???? if so it was a 6.0, unless it had custom badges or he replaced them...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
custom tuned 6.0's can be pretty quick. at least you two had some fun.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
i got a guy at work with a 7.3 that wants to run with me.. all i have is my tuner. he has injectors and a turbo, with an intake. i dont know what else he has or may have, but he thinks ill stomp him. i doubt i will. I dont think i want to line up with him till i get regeared... 37's with 3.73's takes a bit out of my HP/TQ levels.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did the badge look like this or similar to it???? if so it was a 6.0, unless it had custom badges or he replaced them...

I dont believe he even had badges on the door. Only the ones up on the front fenderwell.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
that is not a 6.0L badge.... just FYI

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
ooops, i thought all 6.0 badges were like mine. :tard:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
badges, headlights, grill/bumper. imo it doesnt mean anything with how people mod these trucks, i had a 99 f350 try rolling with me one day, he had an 05 front end and 6.0 badges, the only way i could tell was the old style 4x4 sticker on the bed and the fact that he told me it was a 7.3

theres a guy in my town with a 6.0 that has 7.3 style badges on it. i was thinking of doing that, make people think wtf :hehe:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
badges, headlights, grill/bumper. imo it doesnt mean anything with how people mod these trucks, i had a 99 f350 try rolling with me one day, he had an 05 front end and 6.0 badges, the only way i could tell was the old style 4x4 sticker on the bed and the fact that he told me it was a 7.3

theres a guy in my town with a 6.0 that has 7.3 style badges on it. i was thinking of doing that, make people think wtf :hehe:
Be even better to see someone cram a 6.4 into an OBS:woot::woot:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts