Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on the way home from mowin the yard and this WRX with some punk college kid pulls up next to me at the light. Of course he's "bumpin' the music" and revin' his engine. So I take off with common sense and he cuts me off. So at the next stoplight, I pull up next to him so my exhaust is right next to his window...he has no idea what's about to happen...:rofl: I smoke him out and go about my business. Next stoplight, he pulls up again and revs...green light, I beat him off the line and in about 3 seconds I'm 2 car lengths ahead of him...embarrassed and ashamed in front of his buddies, he turns off the gas station...pissed. HAHA :thumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wonder if can still smell the coal:hehe:

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Don't those things run a 13 flat +/- stock?

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
wrx's are freaken fast as hell with those boxer engines, If I had a car thats what it would be. My buddy's ran a 13.2 or something around there until he wrapped it around a tree going 70mph. He walked away with a couple scratches

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Ya the WRXs are really quick cars and fairly easy to get good power out of them... Sounds like a good kill to me!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I think you are thinking of the wrx STI running 13s. The stock wrx is just a turbo 5 speed AWD car. Nothing fancy about it. Sure they move out but when it comes to STIs and Evos thats a different story. I got beat by a highly modded Evo on night by about a car and a half. He pulled up next to me again and was impressed how fast I moved out. But lets compare weight and size. And yes the Boxer engine is a bad little biaoch, couple of bolts on and they can really move.

·
Registered
24 Posts
FIRST OF ALL GREAT JOB. EVEN THE WRX STI IS NOT GOING TO HOLE SHOT A BOOSTED LAUNCH. AND BY ONLY RUNNING HIM A COUPLE OF BLOCKS HE HAD NO CHANCE. LAST TIME AT THE DRAGS TEST AND TUNE I MADE 8 PASSES. MY BEST TIME WAS 13.89, HOWEVER I BEAT EVERY SINGLE TURBO TUNER, V8 FORD AND CHEVY I WENT AGAINST IN THE 1/8TH MILE. BY A GOOD DEAL. ALL BUT ONE CAME AROUND ME IN THE 1/4. ALL WERE RUNNING 12.93 TO 13.45 AND THE V8 S-10 AT 13.95. SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS UNLESS YOU HAVE ABOUT 7 TO 9K IN MODS KEEP IT SHORT ON THE STREET AND GO UNDEFEATED.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
holy caps locks :hehe: Anyways, that is true. I would rather "play" around on the street and keep people wondering

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
very nice. they never expect the black smoke. the element of suprise gets em every time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
nice kill! cant go wrong ith rollin coal in the windows! WRXs are quick, STIs are quicker. low end they have a lot of lag, but definitely a respectible import, IMHO. off topic, but next to my PSD, nothing sounds better than that boxer with a turbo back

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Nice job a stock rex should be about a 14.x car a few bolt ons wake them up pretty good.
One of my good friends has a 02 bug eye with cobb tuner, turbo back, and intake and it runs pretty close to my mustang.

Another friend of mine has a 05 STI , haha dyno'd 494AWHP and pretty damn near 490lb/ft too that thing is SICK Nasty.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Nice kill!!

I have a kid in my class (he's 21, I'm 33) with one of those. Cool cars, but not in his hands.

I have been trying to get him on the track against me. But, he is one of those, everytime my times improved, his magicaly got better without mods and there is always something "not right" with his car to run me.:doh: One time we did a rolling start, he's like "I got you man, I got you". Umm, it was at a 50 MPH start, and I think I was like 3/4 throttle!:hehe:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
holy caps locks :hehe: Anyways, that is true. I would rather "play" around on the street and keep people wondering

+1, before my lift and tires with a more aggressive tune I would love to run people from 25-60. They wouldn't know what hit them. Everything from Evos, Sti, mustangs, camaros. They all thought I was lying about what I had done.

This was when I was the ONLY PSD that was SCT tuned in my area. It was a great time. I should have never told anyone about the SCT lol.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
My best kill was a new model Porsche 911 Carrera, when I was on 36's,...1/8th mile....on the street.

Either he spun,..or plain just didn't know how to drive,...but we were definitely racing,...and the end result...I beat him by 2 lengths in the 1/8th....lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts