Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know, I was recently a victim of a punched lock. Wasn't too bad fortunately, but there is some minor damage to the lock and the handle. So, was thinking of buying a left rear door handle, painting it white, and replacing the front. I obviously wouldnt have a key hole anymore but, I dont think, out of the past 5 cars Ive ever used the key to unlock the car, PLUS the truck has the keypad. If anyone has done this or has opinions let me know. This way when someone tries to punch the lock, they will be confused :hehe:, but then they might break the glass :doh:

·
Registered
341 Posts
As some may know, I was recently a victim of a punched lock. Wasn't too bad fortunately, but there is some minor damage to the lock and the handle. So, was thinking of buying a left rear door handle, painting it white, and replacing the front. I obviously wouldnt have a key hole anymore but, I dont think, out of the past 5 cars Ive ever used the key to unlock the car, PLUS the truck has the keypad. If anyone has done this or has opinions let me know. This way when someone tries to punch the lock, they will be confused :hehe:, but then they might break the glass :doh:
My truck is like that. I did not do it (bought it that way) but the first time I went to fill the truck up, after I bought it, the damn thing spontaneously locked on me. I had left my keys with the remote at home so the wife could take the fob to get new batteries while I was at work. Further since I had just bought the truck (just picked it up the evening before) I had not yet learned or memorized the key pad code...I was screwed.

I ended up sitting there blocking the diesel pump for about an hour until my wife got there with the remote so I could open my truck.

Never did figure out why it locked like that and fortunately it has never done it again.

Having said all that I kinda like the look of it with out a key hole.

Steve

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well im going to order an OEM rear left door handle (black) for $30 and have it painted to match, might be $20. $50 isnt bad to keep those low lifes out.

Yeah im looking into the Jimmi Jammer as well...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I put the Jimmi Jammer kit on my truck. Not too hard to install, just takes a little time. I would definitely recommend it!

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
+ on the Jimmi Jammer

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wish I wouldve did this rear door handle mod about 2 months ago when I got the entire truck repainted, cause last week someone broke into my truck an took my entire system while my wife an kids were asleep. An since the factory alarm didnt go off cause the key hole was used they took their sweet time got everything. Got an aftermarket alarm put on last week an doin this door handle mod next weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts