744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I just noticed my keyless entry pad is not functional
no lights no nothing. any Ideas on what I should expect from the dealer
other than its still under warranty?
Has your broken before?
whats the cause?
and whats the fix? (if other than a new pad)
Thanks as usual!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
You can turn the pad off completely by following the instruction in the manual. I would try the instructions to turn it back on and see if that works first. Some people don't like having it on, they think it's easier to steal. I personally love the ability to lock my truck while it's running. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can turn the pad off completely by following the instruction in the manual. I would try the instructions to turn it back on and see if that works first. Some people don't like having it on, they think it's easier to steal. I personally love the ability to lock my truck while it's running. Good luck.
Well after some good advice. it turns out Ill be visiting the dealer come Monday Am. Still no luck. not really that worried about it other than I HATE going to the dealer. I suppose it could be worse. My warranty could be gone....
Thanks thought for the great suggestion!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i luv mine on my 2006...ill start it up, lock it as its still runnin !!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
im the same way, my keys dont ever come out of the truck...I just lock them in there....sorry to change topics, but could anyone point me in the direction of how to change the code....got my truck used, and have no book...

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
im the same way, my keys dont ever come out of the truck...I just lock them in there....sorry to change topics, but could anyone point me in the direction of how to change the code....got my truck used, and have no book...
A. You can't change the master code unless you change out the unit.

B. If you get the master code, you can add a second code by first putting in the master code, then push "1", then put in your new 5 digit code and push "1" again.

·
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters
2,447 Posts
So there is no way to reset it other than buying a whole new unit for it?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Called my buddy who works at local Ford. Said it's 48 bucks to havethem plug the truck in an pull the master code. The older pre 08 trucks guess were easier and could be reset but you have to pull from ECM. I think even service manager said to talk to my buddy who does it an see if r can hook up a cash deal quick so. I'll update ya monday. Cause I got my truck used an I have no code. And I LOVE keyless entry!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Koda22: Unless you set another code then you most likely have the master code. It's printed on a separate card in the owners manual package. Try setting an additional code using the one you have and that'll tell you if you have the master or not. You can set up to 5 additional I believe.

·
Registered
286 Posts
what i did was take my truck in for routine oil n filter and then after its in the bay ask the service writer if they know how you get the code? and when they say its 40 whatever dollars. say he can just check it while the oil is draining. sometimes it works. also the dealer says look behind plastic passenger floorboard area.

·
Registered
292 Posts
look in the owners manual if you have it. it should tell you how to set your own code, even if you do not have the original. also there is somewhere under the dash that has the code. it is not easy to find. but someone on the forum should know where it is at. good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I purchased my truck (NEW) the card that came with the so called code was wrong. somehow it got switched during delivery with another truck.
Also, for me their was no sticker on the door jamb. so the dealer had to do a scan. So I was told)
Hope you find yours easy enough!
And, FWIW:

SECTION 501-14: Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems 2008 F-Super Duty 250-550 Workshop Manual
GENERAL PROCEDURES Procedure revision date: 01/02/2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyless Entry Keypad Code Programming Printable View (79 KB)
Programming a Personal Code and Keypad Association to Memory Seats and Mirrors (If Equipped)

NOTE: If the wrong code has been entered 7 times (35 consecutive button presses), the keypad will go into an anti-scan mode. This mode disables the keypad for one minute and the keypad illumination will flash. The anti-scan feature will turn off after one minute of keypad inactivity, after pressing the UNLOCK control on the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, or after the ignition key has been turned to the ON position.

NOTE: The factory set code cannot be associated with a memory setting.

Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.
Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button on the keypad.
Enter the new 5-digit keyless entry keypad code. Each number must be entered within 5 seconds of each other.
To associate the entry code with a memory setting, enter a sixth digit to indicate which driver should be set in a memory recalled by the personal entry code:
Pressing the 1/2 button recalls driver 1 settings
Pressing the 3/4 button recalls driver 2 settings
Pressing other keypad buttons or not pressing a keypad button as a sixth digit does not set a driver and will not recall a memory setting
The doors will lock then unlock to confirm the new code is programmed.
Erasing the Personal Codes

NOTE: If the wrong code has been entered 7 times (35 consecutive button presses), the keypad will go into an anti-scan mode. This mode disables the keypad for one minute and the keypad illumination will flash. The anti-scan feature will turn off after one minute of keypad inactivity, after pressing the UNLOCK control on the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, or after the ignition key has been turned to the ON position.

Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.
Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button on the keypad and release.
Within 5 seconds, press and hold the 1/2 button on the keypad for 2 seconds.
All personal codes are now erased and only the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the 08 and newer the factory code is printed on a sticker on the back of the fuse block behind the passenger kick panel. Just remove the fuse panel cover by the passenger floorboard. On the fuse block there are 2 screws on each side, remove these. Pull the block out far enough to see the numbers printed on a sticker on the back. Your looking for a 5 digit number. There are a bunch of numbers on the stucker so i just wrote down all that had digits and tried entering them on the door untill one worked. This will be your factory door code and can program additional codes from there. I'll try and find my pictures and post them on here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts