Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the purpose of the buzzing injectors when I shut off my truck. What's going on there?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after I shut my truck off the injectors buzz for about 20 seconds, but I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It was one of fords cold start strategies to help remove excess fuel from the injectors to prevent fuel from gelling in the tips.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Exactly what Hog said, its one of the older strategies, my 03 has been doing it for yrs its not a problem.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Here's the TSB which implemented this. So for those who have this flash, does your exhaust really stink? Mine does and I've been wondering if staying on this flash is a good idea, or if we should really be getting off of this version?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suspect this noise was off putting to a lot of customers. No issue for me though, and if it's going to help my very expensive injectors then it's all the better. As I understand it the older flashes are the best anyway.

Nylyon, absolutely no issues on my truck and no stink from the exhaust. When you say stink what kind of smell are you talking about? My exhaust smells like any other diesel.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Can't explain it, but mine has a "richer" smell to it than other diesels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts