Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I'm looking for some suggestions if possible.... I have a 2000 F350 XLT dually that I purchased used.. It didnt come with remote controls and only 1 key. Having owned Ford trucks before that wasnt much of a problem... so I thought.
I purchased 2 key FOBs from ebay and followed the programming instructions (cycle the key from off to on 8 times stopping in the on position). I waited and waited, but no door lock cycle. I tried multiple times with no luck.
Is it possible this model did not come with remote controlled door locks ?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like you truck never came with key less entry, following the direction should have done it if you have keyless entry

·
Registered
13 Posts
key fob

Have you tried to just keep cycling the keys until something happens, apparently some trucks need a diffent number of cycles, mine a 99 350 xlt cycles after only 6

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies... I've tried all the combinations I could think of from 4-12 times.
Does anyone know if there is an add-on factory module that would allow me to use the factory key fobs ? Or would I be better off just getting an aftermarket one ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I see you are new so welcome. Put a place in your signature and look down the forum list for the state you live in. Signature is nice also.

Find someone local and see if you can find the box under the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts