Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i told one of the works at my farm to put 5 gallons of diesel in one of the tractors and he put in kerosene instead:doh:. so now my question is can i run it or do i have to drain the tank?

Thanks ben

·
Registered
206 Posts
well today i told one of the works at my farm to put 5 gallons of diesel in one of the tractors and he put in kerosene instead:doh:. so now my question is can i run it or do i have to drain the tank?

Thanks ben
Small amounts of kero are used to winterize #2. So the question is, how much diesel is in the tractor?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
kero lacks the lubrication diesel has. Dump some 2 stroke in and you will be fine:thumb:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much 2 stroke show i put in there 5 gallons of kerosene mixed with probley like 2gallons of diesel in it

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
it all depends on the motor. I would suck it out, dump it in the truck with as much #2 as you can and then fill the tractor back up. If its some old IDI type motor you should be ok, but why risk it if you dont have to?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its an international 1086 but i think might just drain the tank when i get out of school today

·
Registered
424 Posts
how much 2 stroke show i put in there 5 gallons of kerosene mixed with probley like 2gallons of diesel in it
Only the kerosene needs lubricity. So if there are seven gallons and five are kerosene (128ozs x 5gal = 640 ounces of kerosene) bring it up to a 50:1 ratio so 640 X .02 = 12.8 ounces. Add 12 ounces of two-cycle oil. This blend may smoke a bit but better to smoke than run w/o lubricity. Then once empty don't add kerosene again unless you are winterizing the tank's fuel.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only the kerosene needs lubricity. So if there are seven gallons and five are kerosene (128ozs x 5gal = 640 ounces of kerosene) bring it up to a 50:1 ratio so 640 X .02 = 12.8 ounces. Add 12 ounces of two-cycle oil. This blend may smoke a bit but better to smoke than run w/o lubricity. Then once empty don't add kerosene again unless you are winterizing the tank's fuel.
thanks for the info but i just drained the tank and i wasnt the one how put it in one of dumb a$$ workers did

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well you took the safe approach. No one's gonna dog on you for that. I've done it before though and added 2 cycle and it ran just fine. For future reference anyways. I like the 2 cycle formula that hheynow put up there. Wonder where he found it...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well you took the safe approach. No one's gonna dog on you for that. I've done it before though and added 2 cycle and it ran just fine. For future reference anyways. I like the 2 cycle formula that hheynow put up there. Wonder where he found it...
well i didnt want to fisk blowing up my tractor

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts

Thanks ben
Drain it... kerosene has low lubricity content and can cause injector problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It was no problem at all, when you mixed it with the same, or even higher, amount of properly filtered SVO or WVO. And ad just 10 % of diesel for ignation, if that would be a problem.

Using 2 stroke oil is the way for spending money, and is not needed.

I am assuming that your tractor hasn't a common rail.

Greetz, Cp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts