Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running the hot damn tunes on the mini switching back and forth from wild to hot...right foot can be heavy at times just wondering how the headstuds and and stock tranny hold up with the 345:thumb::ford:

·
Registered
51 Posts
^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you just romp everyday all day then I would say your transmission and head gasket would blow but ive ran the race tune with stock studs and stock tranny but if you drive it right then every once in awhile get on it. You'd be fine. Just my 2 cents tho

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There have been lots of people daily drive the 345. Its a good tune. I love mine. I dont use it that often anymore though because I got tired of switching in and out of it to tow. Your tranny will hold up if you dont romp on it all day, but it will cause the tranny to get weaker quicker than lower tunes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I ran it on stock Tranny and studs. Hate the tune. Wasted 250 bucks on it and Mike wont get back in touch with me which really pisses me off. Got a rough 2-3 shift and smokes like a freight train. My H&S hd300 doesn't smoke near as much and has loads more **** and get. Plus perfect shifts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran it on stock Tranny and studs. Hate the tune. Wasted 250 bucks on it and Mike wont get back in touch with me which really pisses me off. Got a rough 2-3 shift and smokes like a freight train. My H&S hd300 doesn't smoke near as much and has loads more **** and get. Plus perfect shifts.
Really I've heard it has closer to spartan power with out the rough shifting and less smoke than the hd and spartan tunes...sounds like I will be sticking with the hot damn tunes for now oh well

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
Mine didnt hold up to the HD300 but I want to try the KEM tunes badly.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had the KEM 250 on a SCT and it was absolutely horrible. It could never find 3rd gear. Made about 51 lbs of boost. Would rev up to 2100 rpm on its own while shifting from park to reverse and from drive to reverse. I hated it. I love the h&s tunes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My 345. Is a joke. Waste of money

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i have the 345 tune. the shifts are firm especially the 2 to 3 shift. smoke is controlable, but i dont have the hd 300 tune to compare with. i cant get my hd tunes updated i want to try them to compare the two

·
Registered
833 Posts
I read a thread on here a while back that said the kem345 wasn't really a 345 hp tune. There numbers were misleading. So everyone always thinks that the 345 tune is that big dawg tune but its really not.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup talked me out of it...I'll probably just spend the money on a coolant filter and useless cool looking lights haha :icon_ford::icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yea i have heard that to. im not sure, but i get good gas mileage out of it. just wish the shifting was better

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah I read in the thread it was designed as a DD tune.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yea i belive the 310 tune is the race tune

·
Registered
423 Posts
I get decent mileage as well 16.5 running 80 and 18 running 70. But the shifting is unreal. Its harsh

·
Registered
348 Posts
Been happy as can be with my kem tunes. Been running the 275.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
i use the kem 310 my truck is a beast and it reads like 32mpg im sure its off never done hand calculations. is still gives me like 650 miles on a full tank.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Whats the differences between the 345 and 310 tunes. I can only squeeze out 500-515 miles with the 345 file.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts