Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove to Sheid his past weekend to see the pulls and drags. I drove from Pittsburgh, Pa and took a decently flat rt70 the whole way. Around 460miles. The mpg's I got up to was 27.3 on the digital. I didn't hand calculate it but is anyone seeing these numbers? I honestly don't believe it could be correct. My truck is an 08 auto with 6" lift 35's KEM 250 tune, egr delete, afe intake, 4" straight. My buddy's 08 6spd also peaked at 30.5. It just seems unrealistic. Any input?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thats why its called a lieometer

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
544 Posts
460 miles on how many gallons?

If you put around 16.8 gallons in you are correct, 27.3 for 460 miles..... I suspect that you put more than 16 gallons in to fill the tank.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
wish you wouldve hand calculated. i think the 6.4 is capable of getting really good mpgs in cool weather with upper range humidity like most turbo engines. i got 16.3 mpg totally stock hand calculated in 55* temps with humidity around 70% and 5-10 mph crosswind last winter on a round trip from houston to lake charles last winter. looking forward to the numbers with my mods this winter. i would be very happy to see 19-20 mpgs. right now im getting 16.5-17 mpgs 75% hwy driving in 100* heat and 80% humidity.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mine has read as high as 32 with the kem 345

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
872 Posts
i wish i was getting these numbers you guys are getting, but my 37's kill my mileage. i see about 15 w/ 50/50 driving.. and i can squeeze almost 17 out of it with all highway running. this is hand calculated, speedo corrrected, and 37's keeping it under 75

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can assure you that these numbers are probably double of the actual mpg.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm irritated that I did not hand calculate it. One of those things I forgot until after the fact. I used about a full tank of fuel going around 460 miles. All in all I drove 1200 the whole trip. Also disappointed because of them not having the FASS I wanted in stock.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
say you put in 26 gallons to go 460 miles thats still pretty good. actually its great with a 6" lift and 35s. its almost 18 mpg.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I'm irritated that I did not hand calculate it. One of those things I forgot until after the fact. I used about a full tank of fuel going around 460 miles. All in all I drove 1200 the whole trip. Also disappointed because of them not having the FASS I wanted in stock.
Whats your lift and tire set up you got going there?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
My best EVER mpg on my truck it was 14.2 on 33.2" tires. I just can't get anywhere near what everyone is claiming. The highest my liometer has read is 13.3 after a tank lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats your lift and tire set up you got going there?
6" pro comp with toyo 35 12.50s

My best EVER mpg on my truck it was 14.2 on 33.2" tires. I just can't get anywhere near what everyone is claiming. The highest my liometer has read is 13.3 after a tank lol
What you all got done to it?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
6" pro comp with toyo 35 12.50s

What you all got done to it?
Just what's in my sig plus a few cosmetic things

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
The best I have ever gotten is 20.6 and that must have been driving slower than normal for me and all downhill because its never happened again. Normally on the highway I'm 15-18 and in town 10-12

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even if you ran a stock H&S tune that's rough even with a regular cab. My buddy runs their hot time with 37's and gets around 15

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah, dpf has been gone for 10k miles

I ran the 300 hot damn for daily driving, this tank I switched to mild to see if it does any better

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone daily KEM's 345 tune? How do you guys like it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts