Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Care to let us know what those questions were and the answers? Might help those of us who are on the fence for a tuner :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was curious about how to get the KEM tunes on a Dash Daq. You have to buy the Spartan setup, then get the KEM tunes to load to it. So I was gonna wind up spending a little more (then just basic spartan) for the set up I wanted. Also wanted to know if it was gonna be worth the extra $ and decided it was to me. Not saying anything bad about Spartan (dont want to start a debate, I dont have any experience with either tuner), I just feel more confident in the KEM tunes at this point.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was curious about how to get the KEM tunes on a Dash Daq. You have to buy the Spartan setup, then get the KEM tunes to load to it. So I was gonna wind up spending a little more (then just basic spartan) for the set up I wanted. Also wanted to know if it was gonna be worth the extra $ and decided it was to me. Not saying anything bad about Spartan (dont want to start a debate, I dont have any experience with either tuner), I just feel more confident in the KEM tunes at this point.
How much more were the Kem tunes?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$75 per normal tune and $200 per race tune. I havent ordered yet, waiting on my dash daq to come in to get the strategies.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Promodracer, why do you say this? I'm thinking of also trying the KEM 275, and 310, just would like a little more insight and details about these tunes.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just ordered my KEM 310 & 275. Tunes were in my email in 30 min.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I thought KEM = Nutty? And didn't Nutty do the 275/310/350 Race tunes for Spartan? If that's the case why would the KEM race tunes be different than the Spartan race tunes?

I don't know who wrote all the other Spartan tunes but if it was Matt than I guess there could be a difference between the 250 and below tunes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The way I understand it is that Nutty wrote all the original spartan tunes for Matt. Then Matt has modified and built upon them, so the KEM & Spartan tunes are similar but not the same.

·
Registered
570 Posts
They are similar but not the same.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Promodracer, why do you say this? I'm thinking of also trying the KEM 275, and 310, just would like a little more insight and details about these tunes.
I have had many problems with irregularities, glitches, lack of command issues... with spartan tunes. Always want to charge for more work to fix there problems or deny there is an issue, when they no a problem exists.
I have chased down so many issues always comming up empty handed. My trans guy insisted my trans shifting issues were spartan tunes.
When i switched to kem my problems were all gone.
Mike at kem is also reachable unlike matt at spartan.
Mike's customer service is great. Aaron at rudys has been a great help also.
Best wishes C.J.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought KEM = Nutty? And didn't Nutty do the 275/310/350 Race tunes for Spartan? If that's the case why would the KEM race tunes be different than the Spartan race tunes?

I don't know who wrote all the other Spartan tunes but if it was Matt than I guess there could be a difference between the 250 and below tunes.
Kem did first tune's and i believe they were great. Then matt re did them ,in my opinion and this is soley my opinion screwed them up.
Had customer service been worth a **** this would not have backfired as it is now.
Can you say cover up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just got the KEM 310 and the shifts when accelerating slowly like daily driving seem really firm. Im not sure if its normal or not. Its like a quick firm thud 1-2 2-3 and then the shift after that isnt that bad. Havent got the chance to really get on it yet. Is 30rpm tq converter slip normal from a 45 roll after the tc locks up with the 310 tune?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I just got the KEM 310 and the shifts when accelerating slowly like daily driving seem really firm. Im not sure if its normal or not. Its like a quick firm thud 1-2 2-3 and then the shift after that isnt that bad. Havent got the chance to really get on it yet. Is 30rpm tq converter slip normal from a 45 roll after the tc locks up with the 310 tune?
I switched to the KEM 310 tune because of trans issues with the Spartan tunes. I am completely satisfied with the results. The KEM 310 is much more driveable on a daily basis but maybe not as fast as the Spartan.
Once your TC locks you should see no more than 3-5 rpm slip and only temporarily. If it is more than that then the TC should be checked out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts