Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have the late build 04 and noticed as it geys colder here in maine that my truck just shuts off.
Sometimes when I let off pedal, sometimes when I am taking off. Only when cold though.

Once truck warms up it doesnt seem to do it. It will start back up easy enough.

I am building up all the parts for the bulletproofing. NowI have something else to add to that list. Hope someone here can help.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Check all your PCM/FICM connections, along with the entire engine wire harness for damage/chaffing.

Hows your fuel psi? What brand fuel and oil filters? Do you have a way to monitor and data log engine parameters?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply Lilpooh,

I will check what I can under the hood. Be fair warned that I am the ultimate noob. Learning alot as the time goes on. I will find the PCM/FICM and will look at the ICP too.

I do not know the fuel psi, ( will my edge insight check for this?) brand of fuel is Irving I believe. I also use Archoil fuel additive, and diesel kleen.

I am not sure about logging engine parameters...
Oil filters I am also not sure on. I just bought truck within past two months and have yet to do an oil change.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Edge Insight CTS and when it shuts off there is nothing that indicates there is an issues other than I have to reboot the Insight. I am planning an oil change this weekend and will be sure to do only motorcraft.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Well you could give us the icp reading, any codes? Make sure you have an oem cap also. Alot of us run the rotella t6.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
icps at idle .9-1, then jumps up and down from there depending on engine load. Sorry I dont know what OEM cap is. I purchased amsoil 5w40 from recommendations here on site and I bought some archoil oil additive. I am planning that oil change this weekend. I may convert to the Rotella T6 due to costs...

Oh and no codes are showing.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
icps at idle .9-1, then jumps up and down from there depending on engine load. Sorry I dont know what OEM cap is. I purchased amsoil 5w40 from recommendations here on site and I bought some archoil oil additive. I am planning that oil change this weekend. I may convert to the Rotella T6 due to costs...

Oh and no codes are showing.
Icp looks good, oem cap is a ford oil cap. Check out the link I sent you for filters. Amsoil oil is fine.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Well you could give us the icp reading, any codes? Make sure you have an oem cap also. Alot of us run the rotella t6.

Oops wrong quote! Sorry.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LILPOOH.... this is simply fantastic.
http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articl...icle-06-08.php

I downloaded the one for the 2004 and its just what I was looking for. I am taking to my local print store to get made into a hand held manual.

ALL newbies should have this.. ( I cant be the only first time diesel and it happens to be a 6.0) one out there.

This IMO is an absolute must have

Thanks again.
Dave

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,096 Posts
I would hope so. It is on the ScangaugeII anyway. That way you should get an indication of the logic board's functionality too.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
that I am not sure about. is ficm sync a PID on the insight?
Not that I'm aware of.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I would hope so. It is on the ScangaugeII anyway. That way you should get an indication of the logic board's functionality too.
DashBoss has FICM SYNC.

·
Registered
590 Posts
does scan gauge II monitor engine oil temp and engine colant temp?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts