Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so ive been looking for a secondary/ranch truck and my Dad says hes willing to sell me his pickup. He has a 96 F-250 ex cab auto 7.3l that has 210k on the motor, he bought this truck in 98 with 26k on it. The overdrive went out two years ago and he had the tranny rebuilt with no modifications then. water pump went out at like 150-170k, fuel pump, relays, glow plugs, fuel bowl heater, etc. but nothing major. Truck still runs great, and doesnt smoke at all. I know the shifter linkage needs adjusted or replaced as it doesnt always engage to Park. The front end has a slight grinding humming noise on the highway if that makes any sense. Im just wondering, what should I start with? this truck was my dream truck in high school, the truck I took my wife to senior prom in, I want this thing to keep on rolling. Where do I start to keep it as reliable and tough as it has been so someday I can possibly hand it down to my son?

·
Registered
345 Posts
When I got my truck i started with what was wore out. Sounds like I'd start with the front end and transmission linkage. Then go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts