Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok right now i have a k&n full cold air intake and i want to go to afe pro gaurd 7 can i just buy the afe filter to fit on my k&n intake or do i have to buy the hole afe intake for their filter thanks for the help

·
Registered
738 Posts
don't quote me, but i think the k&n tube is too small for the afe filter. i'll give you a real answer later when i investigate. i've got my old k&n on the shelf, and the new afe installed currently

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks anyone else know anything

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't no right now my truck is gettin a new amp put in i blew up the first one but ill check later today once i get it back but i really don't think it is 4inch

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
s&b makes a filter that will work with the K&N cai. There is no reason to replace the entire intake. I bought this filter and am very happy with it.

S&B Filters

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks guys

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what is the difference between afe's Stage 2 Magnum Force Air Intake System and afe's Pro Dry S Stage 2 Type XP Intake System does anyone know....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is one better than the other?....the first one i listed is cheaper than the pro dry any reasons?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry to bust your bubble dusty rutledge but maybe before you worry about your sale you can school me in the difference of the 2 being that,that is what i'm looking for... once i figure out what i want don't worry i'll post a thread trying to get the best price....

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I thought that the guy ansered your question for you, one takes oil the other does not. Alot of people like the dry filter. 6 to one half a dozen to the other. Sorry for trying to help you out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i know the S&B filter is the best bang but i don't i just feel that the way the k&n box is is crap...i think i'm tryin to make this a bigger deal than it is...and dusty rutledge if you look i was asking is one better than the other after he answered my question and yes thank you for helping me out i appreciate it

·
Registered
738 Posts
if you add them to the cart the prices change and the prodry is cheaper by about $4. The prodry does not filter nearly as well as the standard afe 5 layer filter or pro guard 7 filter.

If i were you, i would get the 54-10192 and upgrade to the proguard 7 filter. they also have a kit that includes the better filter, part #75-10192. it might be cheaper that way, not sure. I made the same switch a year ago, k&n to AFE stg 2 w/ the pg7 filter. You can add a prefilter sock too, that adds more protection and offers longer intervals between cleaning.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i heard that the prefilter sock is good with keeping it cleaner but you loose air have you heard anything like that and thanks so much man :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts