Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put a Edge programer in my pickup. It never smoked before, now it dosen't smoke tell u hit 2300 to 2500rpm.(then it smokes ok) I was under the asumption that diesel's ARE supposed to smoke untill the turbo spool's up and u get some boost.(then the smoke go's away). My pickup dose the exact opposit. Now i rule'd out oil burning. Any Ideas? :icon_ford:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O, ya, and it dosen't matter on what setting the programer is on

·
Registered
222 Posts
dont worry about it... its just unburnt fuel

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, its just kinda blue. So to be able to roll coal, i got to do injectors don't i?

·
Registered
512 Posts
95Stroker how many miles are on the truck? You may have bad, worn injector o rings. I've seen the same situation as you, Smoke only at high rpm's. And stage 1 injectors will help you get black smoke!
Good Luck

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
95Stroker how many miles are on the truck? You may have bad, worn injector o rings. I've seen the same situation as you, Smoke only at high rpm's. And stage 1 injectors will help you get black smoke!
Good Luck
158k, but i just did injector o rings less then 10k ago. It sounds like its normal. guess i'll just have to do injector's. (when im rich) Thanks for all the help guy's. So one more question, would i have to do a HPOP to keep up with 160cc injectors? Also would i need to do a turbo too?

·
Registered
492 Posts
you may already know this but, you can( or at least i could with mine) adjust the amount of fuel delivery within each level of the chip. it's been a while so i don't remember where exactly it is but i seem to recall it being under the transmition setting for some reason. it was sort of a fine tuning option if you will between each setting. anyhow it meant more or less smoke. i think it was ultimatly supposed to tune the throttle response.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So i put a Edge programer in my pickup. It never smoked before, now it dosen't smoke tell u hit 2300 to 2500rpm.(then it smokes ok) I was under the asumption that diesel's ARE supposed to smoke untill the turbo spool's up and u get some boost.(then the smoke go's away). My pickup dose the exact opposit. Now i rule'd out oil burning. Any Ideas? :icon_ford:

Well for one you don't want it to smoke. Whenever I see a diesel smoking I have to wonder about the mechanic maintaining it. With the price of diesel I have to laugh when I see a truck blowing smoke out it's butt. You might as well blow dollar bills out your tailpipe. It would probably get more attention! :hehe: A well tuned diesel should not smoke. If it does than somethings wrong!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts