Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got the DP. very impressed, but would like to see an improvement with my shifts for the drags. SOOO i am about to order A john Woods Valve body, any commments from users to motivate me to spend the money???haha

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Ok Dirk, I'll bite. what do you mean?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like it, she just shifts really hard...heard the JW valve body is the way to go for now, unitl i cna afford a full trany upgrade. How do I tell which tranny i have the E40D or the 4R1000?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
You have a 4R100. They are used in all 99-03.

The OBS trucks have the E4OD.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dirk, how come you asked if i like my tranny?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Ok Dirk, I'll bite. what do you mean?
It means, if you like it.. you'll want to keep it. Get the valve body. 10x better shifting. You and Jody sold me on it, and I'm glad I did it. Shift flair is almost completely gone from 2nd to 3rd gear now. With my hp/torque, I can easily break 2nd gear loose and bark 3rd nicely. Before, 1-2 was harsh and 2-3 has a serious delay then hit really hard.

I just know that wasn't doing ANY good on the clutches.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha well you jsut sold me....that is exactly how my tranny shifts right now

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
BTS is another good option. I went with John Wood because strokin' said to get it... then Jody told me to get it. The fact the Jody work(s) with John Wood to properly "tune" the trans on his programs sold me. You better add a bigger trans cooler also. While pulling a small trailer and gear a few weeks back, my trans hit 190* while in stop and go traffic for 35-60min. I HATE to think what it would have been with the stock cooler. Once I got going 55-5mph, the temp quickly dropped to 150-170*

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do those go for?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you like your transmission?
lol I could see the angry mob waiting ..for negative remarks.

It means, if you like it.. you'll want to keep it. Get the valve body. 10x better shifting. You and Jody sold me on it, and I'm glad I did it. Shift flair is almost completely gone from 2nd to 3rd gear now. With my hp/torque, I can easily break 2nd gear loose and bark 3rd nicely. Before, 1-2 was harsh and 2-3 has a serious delay then hit really hard.

I just know that wasn't doing ANY good on the clutches.

good to know..but depending on the chip it may need a reburn to not have too much pressure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just put in a dp....i told john cause i contacted him a few days ago with quesitons.....he said i should be good but if worst comes to worst i can just send it back to jody and have him reburn it for me

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
I just put in a dp....i told john cause i contacted him a few days ago with quesitons.....he said i should be good but if worst comes to worst i can just send it back to jody and have him reburn it for me

The pressures will be fine. The programs differ a bit in pressures on the higher HP settings.

Just to be safe, after you replace the VB, I'd take it easy on the trans for a day or 2. Let it re-learn.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK thanks for the advice guys

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
^^^^^ what he said

Besides, if it was an adaptive learning trans I would say don't go easy on it. I would want it to learn how to care for itself while I was abusing it.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Are you saying that the 4r100 isn't an adaptive learning transmission?
You are correct. It is not adaptive learning, it is controlled by the tuning in the chip and/or PCM.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts