Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 - 6.0

I was just wondering what kind of HP/Torque numbers one can expect out of some on the better programmers. I would like to buy an SCT X3 and was just curious. I know it all depends on what programs that are run but from what I have seen, it seems that everyone pretty much sticks with the cales, erics, and innovative i believe, with 3 seperate tunes. A little insight on the basic one's would be great. Towing, extreme street. race. whatever. Just an overview of the possible numbers. Other programmer numbers welcome, just not likely to buy anything except an SCT Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
04 - 6.0

I was just wondering what kind of HP/Torque numbers one can expect out of some on the better programmers. I would like to buy an SCT X3 and was just curious. I know it all depends on what programs that are run but from what I have seen, it seems that everyone pretty much sticks with the cales, erics, and innovative i believe, with 3 seperate tunes. A little insight on the basic one's would be great. Towing, extreme street. race. whatever. Just an overview of the possible numbers. Other programmer numbers welcome, just not likely to buy anything except an SCT Thanks guys.
If I'm not mistaken, Eric's Xtreme street is making around 420.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Most SCT I would say 400 to 450hp, torque wise 750 plus. The guy that writes my tunes did 502hp with SCT and FICM tuning stock turbo and injectors.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
It depends on who tunes it. I run the studded Xrace as my daily driver tune. I have never had my truck on the rollers but I know it is making way more power than when it was stock.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
NOt really any set settings or adjustable ones. Certain Files are writtne specifically to your truck and what you have gears, trans, tires, injectors, turbos, etc etc. Once you ride in a SCT tuned 6.0 you wont go back to a 6 position chip or anything like that.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
is there a setting for just smoke?
You could get a tune written for smoke but why. I would rather have a tune that gives me lots of power and cleans up quickly.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Smoke is unburned fuel. No change in power or anything. My 190's are turned down as of right now.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Yes Matt at Gearhead, great guy to deal with, but I'll leave it at that since he's not a vendor here.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Yes Matt at Gearhead, great guy to deal with, but I'll leave it at that since he's not a vendor here.
Thats all I needed to know. Thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys, I really appreciate the help, I was just curious. Everyone talks about how much better they are, but I was curious. thanks a lot. And those seem like some pretty respectable numbers. thanks again. I look forward to getting to try them some day.

·
Registered
597 Posts
hey guys, I really appreciate the help, I was just curious. Everyone talks about how much better they are, but I was curious. thanks a lot. And those seem like some pretty respectable numbers. thanks again. I look forward to getting to try them some day.
How did your truck turn out. IIRC, yours blew up like a week after you bought it from a toyota dealer. Correct?? Did you stud it? I think you had a bad EGR??

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I run xtreme race from Eric at innovative and it's got tons of power. I've never been on a dyno though

·
Registered
937 Posts
subscribing

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How did your truck turn out. IIRC, yours blew up like a week after you bought it from a toyota dealer. Correct?? Did you stud it? I think you had a bad EGR??
thanks for asking chuckles. It turned out that there were some fuel delivery issues. An unseated injector to be exact, and A few more than were on the low side of specs, I think there were 4-5 that got repaced all together.I got it back a few days ago, with no issues and running great, I thought it ran good before it crapped out, but now its much more exciting to drive. I did not stud it, I just wanted my truck back so I didnt even try to do it. Right now I just want to drive it and enjoy it, and wait till a little later before I start doing the mods, I may purchase a sct for a little more fun, but I wont do any big tunes till later on. As for now I am happy. And my dealer did an outstanding job of resolving my issues. It took a while but, it was worth it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
glad to hear you got her fixed up. They really are nice trucks. You want to see them shine, put a nice load behind them and see how well they pull/and stop it...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am currently looking into finding a good deal on a fifth wheel trailer, not in any hurry to find one, but I would like to get one to do some hauling with. I just cant believe how much stronger it runs now than it did when I first got it. It even blows a little smoke out too, no coal rollin but enough to make me smile when I see it, especially since its black instead of white. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts