Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since Spartan is a sct dealer, they could send u there tunes via Internet for livewire come June 1 , correct?

So why not go wit the sct livewire over dashdaq if u can get Spartan tunes plus innovatives or dj tunes? I talk to dj today and he says he is doing good numbers wit these 6.4 just needs to play wit the shifting a bit more. Says he is about 2 weeks out from some bad azz tunes.

What u guys think? I may just get the sct and use it till custom tines r out NEX month

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Well, its the same trans from what I have been told. So I dont know what would be different than the 6.0. Maybe its the software or something that is different on the 6.4l for the trans.

·
Registered
589 Posts
from what i gathered matt cant just put his files in a livewire. otherwise i think the option would have came about a while ago. his files have to be on a system that can transfer whole files and i beleive the livewire just changes parameters ( or something like that)

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I thought I read that Spartan "had tracking" on the units......................................

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can't write it to livewire till June 1... Then I do not see why not.

So matt will get his tester soon? Still atleast 2 weeks out, IMO of seeing a product at our door.

What to do...

·
Registered
589 Posts
i dont beleive the custom tuning works that way. you have to use the software they give you to design a tune. you cant just put what you want in it. but im not sure how it works because somehow dj is doing stuff with the livewire?

·
Registered
402 Posts
i dont beleive the custom tuning works that way. you have to use the software they give you to design a tune. you cant just put what you want in it. but im not sure how it works because somehow dj is doing stuff with the livewire?
Sct is sending DJ test files to test on trucks and give them feedback on the performance. when sct releases there custom tuning software dj will create his own tune based on the parameters that sct allows him to adjust !

Since Matt is an SCT dealer when sct releases there custom tuning software he could purchase it and take the files that he has been working on an use the sct software to duplicate it and send out the livewires. Probably the best choice !

From a couple of birdies who are big tuners in the diesel community told be that there are tons of legal issue surrounding copyright infringement and patent dealing with tuning and dpf delete software and they said that SCT is not affected by this !

·
Registered
250 Posts
^well if it is a legal case we may never get a tuner from Spartan. Sounds like he s getting picked on I suspect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts