Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news

They have tracking for the firmware to come in tomorrow i believe and if it all loads in to matts unit and works then the rest of them will be ready to ship out, she said she would have be back in touch by the end of this week as i am setting up to drive to them and have them install it on my truck

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Must have gotten different info than I did...I talked to MATT today on the phone and he did not have a date....said that Drew Tech had a June 1st deadline to get the stuff to them or their agreement was going to be null and void and that Drew Tech would stand to lose a good bit of money on an engineering contract they had with Spartan....Matt did not say anything about shipping end of this month...just said that Drew Tech should have the hardware ready by then...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am just repeating what i was told, not trying to stir up anything. Word for word donna said, ups should have the first unit in their hands today or tomorrow, if it loads in and works she said the rest will be ready to ship. She said she would be contacting me by the end of the week so i could hopefully schedule my install if all goes according to that

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a suggestion.... How about both of you delete your posts so the here-say doesn't go crazy like it normally does. I'm not trying to start anything either but I hate reading this stuff when no one really knows when the units will be ready and reporting what so and so said does nothing for anyone and IMO only makes things worse.

Thanks,
Gerry :D

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I am also just repeating what I was told by Matt.......he said nothing was on the way, and that if Drew did not get the stuff there by June 1st that they would be forefeiting the enginerring contract made between the 2 companies and Drew would stand to lose a bit of money on that deal...so he was pretty sure they would have it done...cause he was pretty sure Drew Tech did not want to lose the money.

I can say this...I have bought more than one thing via mail order and had it delivered by UPS...and when I got tracking....the tracking worked....I did not have to guess when it might phukin show up....I mean...if you buy something from a business...and they give you a tracking number...you know when the product is going to arrive...you dont have to "think" it "might" arrive...today....tomorrow.....and "if" it does then we will proceed...

If you GET tracking then its GONNA show...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have a suggestion.... How about both of you delete your posts so the here-say doesn't go crazy like it normally does. I'm not trying to start anything either but I hate reading this stuff when no one really knows when the units will be ready and reporting what so and so said does nothing for anyone and IMO only makes things worse.

Thanks,

Gerry, I respect what you are saying...but this is not "hearsay" I TALKED to Matt today on the phone and thats exactly what he told me....I did not ask him to ship mine...I did not tell him I was foaming at the mouth for it...I did not tell him I wanted it yesterday, I actually called to asked if he could do a liveload via a laptop flash, and he volunterred the info about what Drew Tech was doing, and also said that they will have hand held tuners, and live load stuff ready in "a few months"

·
Registered
279 Posts
I spoke to Donna, and like u say Scott they are waiting on the firmware and there is a june 1st deadline and drewtech would lose out on big $$$ if it wasnt met... Donna said the firmeware is done and that matt is waiting for the new dashdaq wit new firmware to get to him via mail. once he uses it and oks it they will be getting the bulk order and shipping.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I'm not one who has been put on the mailing list or purchased from Spartan, but just curious as to see what the outcome of this whole situation is going to be if Drew Tech doesn't get the shipment to Matt by the 1st. Since Matt has his tunes all ready would he just use another programmer; and what it will happen with all the customers Matt had lined up waiting for this tuner. Because I'm anxious to see what Matt's tuning can really do.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Whatever whenever i just know @12 mpg and 4.27 a gallon it is getting easier not to drive it and take the Focus

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey maybe I can borrow that focus I get 10 mpg @$4.71 a gal and one local station just changed their price to $4.89 today:doh:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Gerry, I respect what you are saying...but this is not "hearsay" I TALKED to Matt today on the phone and thats exactly what he told me....I did not ask him to ship mine...I did not tell him I was foaming at the mouth for it...I did not tell him I wanted it yesterday, I actually called to asked if he could do a liveload via a laptop flash, and he volunterred the info about what Drew Tech was doing, and also said that they will have hand held tuners, and live load stuff ready in "a few months"
That's cool man.. I just hate reading the posts that say this stuff and then when it doesn't happen everyone gets a little testy and pissed off about them not coming through. I hope I'm wrong because I still need a programmer and I'm not even on the list yet.... lol. I have the pipe but didn't jump on the list yet and I'm fine waiting until it comes out.

Cheers Mate....:beer:

·
Registered
589 Posts
i have bought things that come with tracking numbers also like my intake wheels tires etc... and they have been late early onime and from every possible carrier. tracking numbers dont meen jack besides an estimated arrival and tell you its in route.

oh it doesnt help when you live in the middle of NO-WHERE!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
i have bought things that come with tracking numbers also like my intake wheels tires etc... and they have been late early onime and from every possible carrier. tracking numbers dont meen jack besides an estimated arrival and tell you its in route.
LOL...OK.....if that makes you feel better bout them telling everyone that they got tracking and it should show up in a day or two...then weeks later nothing.

Bro...if UPS FedEX, USPS, DHL, whatever was off that much that often they would go broke...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tracking numbers are like gold. I have used them many times and went to the package! Anyway, its tommorow now and do we have liftoff?

·
Registered
589 Posts
hey pahrump sounds like your on a rant here. i was never told it was on its way with the tracking number. ive spoke to matt on several occasions lately and heard the same thing you did a about said company and heard the end of the month but i never posted it. i wonder why. maybe if the owner of the company didnt post it, it shouldnt be out in the open, like when got mad at he guy who came on here and said badp was using edge.

just thinking a little courtesy is in order on this subject

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
hey pahrump sounds like your on a rant here. i was never told it was on its way with the tracking number. ive spoke to matt on several occasions lately and heard the same thing you did a about said company and heard the end of the month but i never posted it. i wonder why. maybe if the owner of the company didnt post it, it shouldnt be out in the open, like when got mad at he guy who came on here and said badp was using edge.

just thinking a little courtesy is in order on this subject
I aint on a rant at all...just think that folks blindly following "tracking" promises is naive.

When I talked to Matt on the phone he did not tell me $hit about tracking, told me that Drew was on the verge of losing the contract, all I did was post that, after the other dood said that Donna had told him "they had tracking"

I have said nothing bad about Matt nor Spartan, however I do laugh when I read folks praising when they have seen nor heard nothing but empty promises so far.

However..honestly...I dont even think Matt is responsible for the empty promises...I think folks take what he says out of context then post up that he said they are on the way, when really he said nothing of the sort. So I cannot even say that Spartan Tech is giving empty promises....more the members are making their own promises up....

LOL, whatever...Matt has my Credit card numbers...and I suppose I will see a tuner when he gets them ready...whenever that may be.

As for the BADP thing, well yeah....at the time BADP did not want it out that they were using the Edge for the tunes...for fear that Edge would find out and put a stop to it.....guess what....Edge did...now BADP dont even have tunes to sell...they too are waiting on some cables so they can do the liveloads....so in the end.....6.4 owners were hurt cause Edge put a stop to it, now folks are getting 10mpg when had Edge not ended it...they could be getting 14mpg....glad I got mine before someone ran off and spouted off at the mouth something that BADP specifically ASKED to not be told.

Scott

·
Registered
589 Posts

Thanks,
:agree: with the deleting the post part anyway :thumb:

·
Registered
589 Posts
i'm not saying your bashing matt. and if i came across like that i appologize. im just saying i don't think that information doesnt need to be up. if matt wanted it up he'd put it up. it doesnt help anything.

also i have never praised matt in open forum. i come here to learn & share ideas

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.