Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just got done installing my 6" BDS lift on my 07 f250 cc. Everything went on great, but now i feel sick. I am running 20x10 moto metal 951's with 37x13.50x20 nitto mud grapplers and i could hardly back it out of the stall without having it rub. It rubs really bad on the edge of the body to the point that i cant even drive it. I dont want cutouts, and i cant figure out what to do. I am thinking about trying to find a set of stock 20's (with the 37" mud grapplers) and see if that works, OR trying 37x12.50x20's in something with a less agressive tread. What would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wish I could help more in this area. I would not have expected them to rub like you are saying. Maybe the wheel offset or back space needs to be different.

I had a Dodge 4x4 a long time ago that rubbed bad. I was telling a locak 4x4 shop and showing them my problem and they fixed it wil wheels that matched the lift and truck better. Once I put the new wheels on the rubbing was gone and I had great clearance. Not saying this will help your truck but it is something to think about or ask a dealer. I am sure someone with better knowledge will come in and help.

Good Luck
Jason

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a close setup. It's fabtech instead of bds and weld instead of moto metal. I also have the mudd grappler 37s.Mine only rubbed on the black plastic below the front bumper and on a spot on the inner fender liner. Sounds like your backspacing is different than mine so the spot that rubbed on my inner liner moves out to your fender. It's possible it can be fixed with spacers. Do you have any pics on where exactly it rubs?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Also with the truck pointed straight ahead, How far does the top of the tire exdend beyound the outside of the fender?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tires will rub on the corner of the body where the stock fenderwells come to an end at the corner of the body. I have no problem with rubbing with the bumper because it is a ranchhand front end replacement and is spaced out further. I am located in north Alabama, and the tires stick out a good 3-4 inches. Right now i am leaning on trying to run these tires with the stock 20" wheels what do yall think about that?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just measured mine and I had 4.5" of tread(not sidewall) sticks out beyond the fender. If the outside edge of your tire contacts the fender then your wheels are spaced out more than mine and spacers won't work. Your are going to have to find a different tire wheel combo or go up another 2 inches. It may be finding just the right wheel backspacing. When I ordered my lift fabtech was very specific about the tire size and backspacing that would fit my lift. Maybe bds can help with this. If not the tire shop can.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Stocl should be the right backspacing, I'd try it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
nitto mud grapplers 37"s are actually a 35in diameter, i dont know why they would rub, im running toyos 35x12.5x20 on stock suspension and it runs at full turns only

1 - 11 of 11 Posts