Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy gave me a brand new HID kit he never got around to installing on his powerstroke and I decided to give it a go today. The entire install took no more than an hour and the hardest part was removing both batteries and the airbox on the drivers side.

For future reference for any of you doing this mod, my kit had two wires Black and Red. Black goes in the middle and the red goes on the right if you want the lights as low beams and the left if you want them as high beams. (tab on the plug on top.) I just guessed around until I found this combo...

My kit says it is a 8000k and is the perfect mix of white and blue in my opinion. I chose to simply mount the drivers side on the plastic battery/airbox shroud and the passenger side on the fender. I used 3M mounting tape and they aren't going anywhere!

Here are the results:

(2002 F-350)

First picture has new HID in left, old yellow crap in right :)

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang just realized I posted this under interior discussion. Please move :)

·
Premium Member
8,693 Posts
Yea, I second that! ^^^^

Throwing those things into your stock housings is a terrible idea, the scattered mess it throws is So Far from what they could be doing with the proper reflector :(

I did the same thing in my '02, I was a Menace to other drivers......

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Haters gone hate lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, so 5 *** hole replies. Glad I shared :)

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
haters can hate all they want but you cant hate on a free HID kit for truck, Ive been looking around and they are like $200+ for 8000k low and high beams. So you did good in my book lol

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
Raul wasn't hatin, so chill, lol.

And I for one love HID's. the only reason I DON'T have them is I haven't had the money to buy 4. (I want Fogs AND headlights when I do mine.)

Like said, Hater's gonna hate. New Cars come with HID's, and I can't tell the difference when looking at them which ones are projectors and which aint. :dunno:

It's all about how/where the beams are aimed. :wink[3]:

·
Super Moderator
19,758 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Wow man. U did way to much work. The headlights come out with 2 clips on the top side. Would have made your life a whole lot easier.

I have 5 sets on my truck. U can see the quad fog mod on my sig. I love it!

Sent from my fone. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wow, those are really blue. They look real nice. Looks like 10k to me. I had 6000k on my truck. I liked the really white with a touch of blue look. But one of the ballast started giving me trouble so I took them off. Might put them back on soon and try to figure it out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i saw this a few years ago when i got my first kithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ouch those are painful bud, I would get some 05-07 headlamp housings with small reflector pattern and decent mirrors, those housings/lenses are massive scatterboxes and the glare looks painful. I too feel sorry for oncoming traffic, and think it's just a matter of time before you get pulled over :taze: and get a "fix-it" ticket with those installed!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Can't wait till all LEO's start enforcing the use of these bulbs. I just hope it is before someone gets killed from your blinding them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where did you get that kit? Keep us updated on how you like the kit in the long run.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts