Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just did my first oil change @ 1600 miles to get the break in oil out and its making the pecking sound you guys have discribed. Is this now considered normal? I've already had it in the shop @ 300 miles for a rear main seal :doh:This is my first :icon_ford:and I lve my truck but I'm starting to worry! Please help!

·
Registered
224 Posts
i dont mean this to sound mean but the same stuff is being talked about under the thread "pecking sound after oil change" that might help

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
ive had it for about 12,000 miles :)....still no issues

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What makes you think Ford uses break-in oil and should be changed at 1600 miles?
What I ment was I wanted to change out the oil from the manufacture a little earlier than normal to get out the fine particules. :thumb: Not that ford uses a specific break-in oil. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post.:doh:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Maybe you put too much oil in.
I hear they are changing out motors because of this problem. Then the new motor does it too.

Check it again and maybe take some out. It's not a problem that should need fixing. Just a noise you can hear because the truck is so quiet. Turn up the radio and drive the sh!t out of it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Maybe you put too much oil in.
I hear they are changing out motors because of this problem. Then the new motor does it too.

Check it again and maybe take some out. It's not a problem that should need fixing. Just a noise you can hear because the truck is so quiet. Turn up the radio and drive the sh!t out of it.
Yea that fixes everything:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Curious, SoCal, is yours a Huntsville or Indy motor? Trying to see if it pertains to one factory or both.

Have you tried the "add 14 quarts" at oil change to see if it changes? Some have claimed that an overfull crankcase was the cause of the tick, the extra oil was being aerated by the crank and the air didn't agree with the lifters. Just heard it as a theory, but it may help.

Keep us posted. Tim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My truck was made at the Kentucky plant, I haven't tried letting a little oil out, I've been way to busy with work to get around to my truck.I'll keep you guy's posted:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts