Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2010 6.4 and looking to do some upgrades for performance and try to get a little better fuel economy. ( Fuel economy is not my main priority) Just wonder what everyone recommended. Keep hearing a lot about SPARTAN and H&S Mini Max tuners, and DPF delete. I dont wanna go to extreme trying to say within a $1200 budget and want something easy to return to stock if warranty work is needed.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
if you want easy to return to stock then go with a DPF/CAC pipe instead of a full exhaust, and then go with a mini max, that is really the only way to stay under $1200 considering you need an intake as well if you are going to run a tune over 250hp. Things get hot in a hurry above the 250hp mark.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
but be careful, if ya run dpf/doc delete pipe with factory tail pipe, u will have soot in your factory tail pipe so if u go in for warranty, they will see that there is soot past the dpf. U can get a down pipe back kit aluminized fairly cheap, a used h&s mini maxx as long as it is returned to stock, and an intake. Im sure PTP or other site sponsor has the mini maxx, exhaust and intake for pretty close to your budget im sure. I got my mini maxx and dpf delete pipe for 700 shipped used. Then bought my AFE cai for 190 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts