Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Im new here, But not new to Diesels. I was a Ford tech for about 3 years and pretty much did nothing But Power Strokes. Im a Duramax Guy at heart...Dont Hate me....But no one can top the 7.3 Power Stroke. So thats why im getting ready to get me a 96 F350 7.3 5 speed 4x4 2 Door Long Bed for my eod of Deployment Present to my self LOL. Got a few questions. I Wanna restor this truck as much as I can, But its going to be a work Horse. I have a 05 D-Max for My Daily Driver. Its only got a 123k miles, And seems to be in Fair overall. Heres the Questions....Where can i get new Door Panels(Looked on LMC, Stealership?) The Seat, Ive looked around, I want a new Leather seat, What year trucks should I look at.

I Know ive got some rust on the Bed, But im pretty sure im going to go with a Flat Bed so Im not worried about it. And That stupid tail pipe is gone too.

All in all what do you all think? What Would you do?

·
Registered
396 Posts
first of all welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice truck buy the way.
I use lmc and a few bone yards around me to get parts.
Also this would be a good if you move this thread to the general disscusion it will get more eyes there.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Those interior door panels are getting hard to find, esp. the driver's side. What's wrong with yours?

Seat - a seat from a CC truck will bolt right in, but NOT one from an EC truck (thanks, Ford!). Good luck finding a leather seat in any kind of decent shape. Some fellas have installed SuperDuty seats of one fashion or another, but some fab is required.

Rust-wise, that bed is in better shape than most seen up here. You could probably sell that bed to a nort'ner if you go the flatbed route.

Nice rear bumper. And yeah, that tailpipe tip screams "High school".

Welcome to FTE. Lots to learn, lots to share. Good-running 4x4 5-speed is always a golden find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those interior door panels are getting hard to find, esp. the driver's side. What's wrong with yours?

Seat - a seat from a CC truck will bolt right in, but NOT one from an EC truck (thanks, Ford!). Good luck finding a leather seat in any kind of decent shape. Some fellas have installed SuperDuty seats of one fashion or another, but some fab is required.

Rust-wise, that bed is in better shape than most seen up here. You could probably sell that bed to a nort'ner if you go the flatbed route.

Nice rear bumper. And yeah, that tailpipe tip screams "High school".

Welcome to FTE. Lots to learn, lots to share. Good-running 4x4 5-speed is always a golden find.
As far as the door Panels I was wondering if someone sold them so i could just have brand new ones, I dont think there too bad at all though. I will just clean them up and go from there. A seat from a super duty is what i had in mind out of a 2005 and up. I just have to save up some cash and start plundering the local scrap yards and get creative to get them to work. I agree the bed is not to bad at all And i have considered keeping it...But i sure do like the Look of a Flat bed though. I want to say that the rear bumper is off a newer F series truck. Im gettin the truck for 4500 and its got a brand new clutch so i dont think im going wrong. But thanks for the info So far.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Nice find! Keep the bed flattys are gay. Anything aftermarket on it? Get some gauges, if towing id look into an intercooler. Door panels is scrap yards i have 2 sets of immaculant eddiebauer door panels but im not sellin and theyre tan. Seat id go with a 40-20-40 or sd seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts