Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the EBPV Brake mod, so im all excited and felt like tellin someone. Gettin to the plug on the pedestal is a PITA and an even bigger one gettin it hooked back up. I didn't know my arms could be twisted into angles like that. But anyway its cool. The way it makes the exhaust sound deeper in the cab makes it sorta sound like a jake brake. But only sorta. Thats all i wanted to say. I cant wait to pull somethin to really test it out.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Pretty sure he did the DIY EBPV mod. Sure hope it's cheaper than $1000.

How do you like the mod for daily driving, notice any difference?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The total came to around $1200. You mean to tell me now that there is a cheap way to do it?

Ha ha ha, just kiddin, more like $12. I did the DIY EBPV Brake. I haven't really done much normal driving with it, i mostly was just drivin around playin with it. The normal stops that i did do with it, it kinda helped, but kinda is about it. Its not really very effective under 2000 RPM. You can sorta feel it but thats about it. Over 2000 you can feel it slow you down pretty good.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
You will find it works better once you get the TC lockup in. What wiring details did you use?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long did it take you i was thinking about doing that to my truck?
About 2 hours. That includes the time of me practicing soldering because ive never done it. The real hard part is getting the "Y" of diodes connected down pretty much in the valley of the engine.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts