Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see some people in here with their signatures mentioning the deletion of their wastegate. just curious what the benefits to this may be. thank you in advance for you knowledge.:dunno:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
It prevents the wastegate from prematurely opening. Which allows for more boost. Which also provides a little bit better accelleration. It don't cost nothing at all so I see no reason not to do it.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bigcountry. makes perfect sense now that i think about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is it possable to build too much boost & defuel the motor if you do this mod? I ask because I would like to get rid of mine. Right now it has a beebee in the line, and I didn't notice any differance at all. The truck is stock w/ the exception of a few of the free mods, and a DIY intake, but should be getting my 5" straight exhaust & TW chip this coming week.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is it possable to build too much boost & defuel the motor if you do this mod? I ask because I would like to get rid of mine. Right now it has a beebee in the line, and I didn't notice any differance at all. The truck is stock w/ the exception of a few of the free mods, and a DIY intake, but should be getting my 5" straight exhaust & TW chip this coming week.
they say on your stock turbo you dont wanna build over about 25psi, just for the sake of the life of your turbo and if you build more than that you need some sort of a boost fooler otherwise your motor will start defueling

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
until you put a chip or tuner on though, i wouldnt think you would have that problem.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i took mine off awhile back and I noticed zero difference power wise. I could get over 30 psi of boost but thats a no-go for a stocker. I keep mine plugged in

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unplugged mine yesterday. Went from 22 psi to 26 psi. The SES light only comes on when i really hold it on the floor. Did notice a difference in acceleration. Im going to do the homemade boost fooler this weekend. Is it just 2 fittings and a pressure regulator?

·
Registered
290 Posts
i got the map sensor boost fooler, and run about 31psi, no problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts