Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 2.5" shackel leving kit for my '04, i was showing my dad and i noticed the price dropped from 50 bucks to 20 bucks plus shipping, he went ahead and bought em for me and if they dont work it was only about 30 bucks total wasted...
do you think they will level the truck in my sig? or was it just a waste of money?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used the pro comp shackles in the front of my truck. I dont know that those shackles will give you the full 2.5" of lift, but you will definatly notice a difference.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I am a little confused. Why wouldn't it level it:dunno:
Is your a$$ to high, I can't tell in the Sig.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, i dont think ill need the full 2.5 inches but i guess thats a good thing bc i only really need maybe 1.5".
im lookin to buy some 20s with 275 tires. im just tryin to create some more room...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a little confused. Why wouldn't it level it
Is your a$$ to high, I can't tell in the Sig.
well its always sat a little low in the front and now with 173k miles and a new front replacement, it sits a little lower than id like. and i want more roome for bigger tires and rims

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doesn't your truck have coils in the front and not leafs? Did you mean you bought a coil spacer to level the truck?

·
Registered
275 Posts
The ones i got were 2" lift shackles and it lifted the front 1.5". I already have a four inch lift but i was just trying to fix the front end sag as well.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
well its always sat a little low in the front and now with 173k miles and a new front replacement, it sits a little lower than id like. and i want more roome for bigger tires and rims
Aww, I see, I think you will be ok:thumb:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea hopefully. now im just curious how big of tires i can go with and have no rubbing?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
33x12.50 is a guarantee 35's youd probly have some minor rubing, i did on my o6 f-350 with 2.5 skyjacker lift but it was easy to fix the rubbing situation

·
Registered
929 Posts
were did u get that good deal?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ebay, its just extended shackels, nothin major and it'll only work if you have front leafs. im lookin to buy some 20x9 diamo rims, im prob gonna run either 275s, 285s, or 305s, should i go with somethin different?

·
Registered
233 Posts
What other materials does it take to install these? Bushings? Or is installation as simple as pull the old ones and install the new?

I've got a set of F350 blocks sitting on the floor of my office. Installing those should get me another 2", and I think installing these shackles in the front should level it out quite nicely.

Does this sound like a good game plan for ~2" of lift?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I don't have shackles but I did a 3" leveling kit on my truck and I clear 315s with only a lil bit of rub at full turn

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
whats better/or diff coils or leafs?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts