Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm kinda new here.

I just recently bought a 2005 F-250 FX4 for a pretty good price.

Turns out it was an old nextel fleet truck, although it's in excellent condition.

I just want to do a few modest modifications to it (intake, exhaust, chip) and throw a set of new tires on it (the 265 toyos it has are on their way out)

Which upgrade should I start with? I've heard that if you throw in a chip before the exhaust and intake that it could possibly screw stuff up.

Also, has anyone tried to fit 305s on their stock 17x7.5 rims?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
Weclome to the Org! Start off with a 4" Turbo back exhaust with no cat. You dont need a intake as the stock one will be sufficient up to 500hp. As for the tuner, get a custom tuned SCT by Eric, Cale or whoever. Now the FIRST thing you need before any of the other stuff I have said is gauges:boost, pyro and trans temp.

Nice truck btw

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. yeah good thing i consulted you guys about this stuff, i almost bought an intake the other day! about how much do these sct tuners run? All the loggers around here run edge juice platinum in their rigs, but it'd be nice to be ahead of their game!

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
thanks guys. yeah good thing i consulted you guys about this stuff, i almost bought an intake the other day! about how much do these sct tuners run? All the loggers around here run edge juice platinum in their rigs, but it'd be nice to be ahead of their game!
You are already ahead of the game by coming here first.:thumb: the sct runs about $430 with 4 standard tunes and about $500 with 2 standard tunes and 1 extreme tune (this what you want:nod:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts