Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
New to this forum, I just bought a 2011 250 that happens to be deleted. I'm pretty new to diesels. It is deleted with a 5" straight pipe. The only switch of any kind is a 5 position fish tuning. I honestly can't feel a difference when I toggle between settings. I also can't find any blocker plates on my EGR, maybe it's just tuned out? Is this much of a problem? I am worried the tune might be different than I'm looking for, and want to find a way to re-tune. To say the least I'm super confused about the current state of tuners and don't know what to do.

Is there ANY reputable places that I can get a solid tune and module(don't know the correct word) of some kind for my already deleted truck. Aiming to be under 1k if possible. Also, I like the idea of the EZ LYNK where I can monitor stuff on my devices.

Thanks for the help and apologies if this is a common question. Just couldn't find the answers I am looking for.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
436 Posts
There won't be much talk on here when it comes to the questions you're asking. You should be able to scroll through previous posts and find the answers you're looking for though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in a similar position. UR2EZ why isn't there much discussion? EPA fears? Already solved?

Is there a better place to get some general info, especially given the new laws??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unfortunately the EPA is winning in scaring the diesel community enough to stop the forum from sharing useful information as well as most shops over the phone about this and also scaring people into putting their emission related equipment back on. If I had any useful information on this subject I would share it but I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
I have thought about deleting. I have a 2015 that is out of warranty. If I could find a good programmer cheap, I would think harder about deleting. For now, will stay stock.

·
Registered
108 Posts
After I posted a question.....just a question mind you...about deleting my 2015, 2 black SUVs with blacked out windows parked across the road from my house for two days.

I WILL NEVER delete!!!! I promise.
LOL 😂 That’s a hell of a coincidence. I’m going to 100% say that had nothing to do with you if indeed your story is true.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
My opinion is the EPA is just causing companies to go to Mexico. Give it a few years and tunes will start popping up on the good ol dark web for deleted trucks. Wherever crooks can make money they will.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My opinion is the EPA is just causing companies to go to Mexico. Give it a few years and tunes will start popping up on the good ol dark web for deleted trucks. Wherever crooks can make money they will.
The tuning capital right now is Canada and Russia for exotics......don;t know of any tuners in Mexico unless they are tuning cocaine

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The tuning capital right now is Canada and Russia for exotics......don;t know of any tuners in Mexico unless they are tuning cocaine
I was just saying Mexico as a generic reference to a foreign country. I just mean the EPA is driving tuners out of the US to other countries that don't have regulations.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was just saying Mexico as a generic reference to a foreign country. I just mean the EPA is driving tuners out of the US to other countries that don't have regulations.
Oh dude sorry...now i get it :grin: We used to go race in Mexico...I should have known :wink:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Tuning is out there. You just have to look harder.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are good delete tuners still active..... they might not be in the US but so much is cloud based I really don't think it much matters. They will just start stomping on the end users next

I'm not deleted yet but am running an emissions tune. If my **** breaks again I will delete and switch to a non-emission tune. Simple as that. So easy with the EzLynk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on the truck! I run an 07 250 but bought the truck from my cousin. I’m the second owner. I knew I had to fix the EGR when I bought it so I did new studs, EGR, exhaust, fuel pressure, injectors (stock), coolant filter, and SCT tuner. I pull a big fifth wheel and a tandem utility trailer. I’ve found the standard RV tune does very well so I leave it there. Insane pulling power, great fuel mileage ( 20 mpg on flat ground empty, 11 mpg pulling the camper but no hill slows it down. My only limitation is EGT. If it’s summertime and I’m loaded I have to back out on long pulls. I know everything I did to the motor and it is an excellent combination. I really suspect you have an issue with your tuner. Mine is a beast just going to the RV tune (+ 65 hp). Do you have any more details on the delete (how it was done, etc.) injector conditions, or any other info?
Regards, Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts