Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I couldn't stand it any longer.
I've read and read and re read tons of info here and on the world wide web and coudn't find any info to discourage me from the centrifuge route.

I bought one off ebay tonight for $710 (free shipping:woot:) it's a "Bee Clean" 1200g centrifuge that uses one of simple centrifuge's self cleaning bowls.

Once it gets here I'll be up and running asap, and I'll post as much info and pics as possible.

I plan on going the immersion heater route with gravity feed. I do like the pneumatic barrel pump used in the sticky thread here on the .org I might end up going that route in the end. Maybe a pneumatic pump in my clean barrel for filling my truck too.

We'll see....... right now I'm to excited to make rational decisions .

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think you'll be real happy with that set-up; I'm not familiar with the brand name, but the Simple CF bowl is what I used to build mine and it works great for me. I also do the gravity feed, but I have a 4500 watt water heater element welded inside my feed barrel; it heats the wvo NOW!

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
wow, 4.5k! my 1.5k does really well, thats overkill though... i like it! thats so ridiculous its completely necessary!

i want a cf bad, just limping until i pay stuff off. and this is exactily what i want to do, i really like that simple cf bowl over everyone elses.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Wow that is a really good price!! Once you start spinning oil, you will wonder why it took you so long to do it! CFs (when done right....) are the best way to go about cleaning oil. I have tried just about everything and the CF by far is the best way to do it!! just remember, the slower the better. 5 gph is a good target rate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
CF Bowl For Sale

wow, 4.5k! my 1.5k does really well, thats overkill though... i like it! thats so ridiculous its completely necessary!

i want a cf bad, just limping until i pay stuff off. and this is exactily what i want to do, i really like that simple cf bowl over everyone elses.
This is a tough price to beat for the bowl

FS: Simple Centrifuge Bowl

·
Registered
62 Posts

Wired for 220 I can have 50+ gallons at ~150*F in about an hour. If it's wired for 110 it will be 2250 watts and will take a bit longer to heat a barrel to that temp

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Once you start spinning oil, you will wonder why it took you so long to do it! CFs (when done right....) are the best way to go about cleaning oil. I have tried just about everything and the CF by far is the best way to do it!! just remember, the slower the better. 5 gph is a good target rate.
X2.
I cant believe I used to use bag filters! The ease of operation of a well thought out CF system and the quality of oil is unsurpassed. No appleseed processor or bag/water filter system can do what a good CF can do.
Think about this. Appleseed processor equals 1G force. Centrifuge 1200+ G's.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
anyone donating any unused cf's? lol!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
anyone donating any unused cf's? lol!

Too bad you are not closer to me. I clean WVO on shares. Guys bring their dirty oil and leave with clean, centrifuged oil!

If I had the access to this type of deal when I started, I would have never messed with building a CF. But since I have one that only runs a couple days per week, I clean for other guys.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
ill likely do the same when i build mine. i found a cheaper bowl on wvodesigns, a couple hundred less than the simple cf one i like so much.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
funny thing...

ill likely do the same when i build mine. i found a cheaper bowl on wvodesigns, a couple hundred less than the simple cf one i like so much.

I was thinking about doing the same thing in my area, wonder how the logistics would work out. I know I'm not the only greaser in my area, just don't personally know the others here. I do know they were here first and all the good sources are spoken for.:doh:

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
there is a guy here who does just that. i havent spoken with him an a while, i assume its going well...

Darling is undermining us all though.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Make a posting on craigslist. Its free, local, and people look at it. Just post that you will clean WVO for shares. I do it for 25% of the gross and it works for me.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
awesome, i need to do that. it would definatly help justify the cost of a cf and the labor in collecting

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think they come from the same place.... I would highly suggest you go with leon, he is an awesome guy and has amazing customer support.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You just need to find 4 people that are tired of changing fuel filters and messing around with their current set up at home. If each collected 100 gallons per week, and you kept 25% for youself. U would get 100 gallons a week for your little bit of trouble.

For me running 400 gallons would take about a day and a half, with three 10 minute service intervals, operating a good CF in this situation would be a lot less time spent than collecting the 100 gallons yourself. Also a lot less headache!

Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.......:dunno:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think they come from the same place.... I would highly suggest you go with leon, he is an awesome guy and has amazing customer support.
I think Simple Centrifuge builds the one leon sells. Simple centrifuge was the first of its type to the market if I remember correctly. When I started with the centrifuge, very few people ran anything other than a dieselcraft for personal use. I will never go back to waterheaters and sloppy bag filters. NEVER.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think Simple Centrifuge builds the one leon sells. Simple centrifuge was the first of its type to the market if I remember correctly.
That is what I have read from other places also. Dont know for sure if its true or not...

I will never go back to waterheaters and sloppy bag filters. NEVER.
Me too!! well at the moment my system is fed from a water heater. As soon as my mom gets moved I am going to build a larger system that can do more then 15 gal at a time. I am very limited on space in my garage at the moment :(

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That is what I have read from other places also. Dont know for sure if its true or not...

Me too!! well at the moment my system is fed from a water heater. As soon as my mom gets moved I am going to build a larger system that can do more then 15 gal at a time. I am very limited on space in my garage at the moment :(
Let me know if I can help you out. I use a 300 gallon overhead fuel barrel. (like from farm use.) Weld up a heat exchanger and get an overhead infared tube heater burner (reznor) and heat it up to settle 300 gallons at a time. Get a 10 gallon electric water heater from a trailer house and the CF and yer set to run 300 gallons at a time. With a good hot settle, you can run 10-12 hours without even touching the system! At that point wipe out the CF rotor and start it up again.

Here is the routine....
1)heat up oil and settle overnight
2)drain water from bottom in morning and start the CF
3)go to work
4)come home from work and admire the 80 gallons you have run
5)clean rotor before supper
6)go to bed
7)wake up and admire 200 clean gallons of oil
8)repeat steps 1-7

Sound good?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
thats awesome! If I had the room I would do that too. My problem is in the garage I have the wrx, the vstar, the gsxr, a stand up jetski and a bunch of other junk! My water heater is a 40 gal and my catch for the clean oil is a 30 gal barrel on its side on the ground. I can only get about 15 gal into it till the CF starts to overflow out the dirty port. I am planning on building a 2 tote setup when my mom gets moved to her new chunk of dirt. Then Ill have 250 gal at a time to feed the CF :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts