Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOes anyone know of a great mechanic on the East Coast/Northeast that does engine swaps? Am I crazy for even buying this thing? I need a Bulletproofed 6.0 first. if anyone has any opinion on that, chime in

·
Registered
168 Posts
If mine goes, from my research and complaint/success stories on this site i'll be going with Ashville long block. On the crazy part... not if its 10% hobby. I would say its going to get pricey if you have others work on it. If you you do the work/maintenance/research... cost will not be such of an issue. I'm new to diesel/6.0/trucks in general... found out diesel shops around me didn't know too much more, (my opinion) from my early experiences when i first purchased. In my opinion shops (some, but i haven't found one around me) see $$$ when they hear 6.0 over the phone.... I think Ashville comes with ringed by default now. I think with you doing the swap and completing the bulletproofing your already 8k-ish in about. More knowledgeable people will chime in...

People here are really helpful, more than any other site ive been to, as long as you show you've tried to do your homework. I've had minimal issues with mine, but when I needed assistance i've been able to resolve the issues with this site. Mines not 100% bulletproof... but i've replaced/installed BPD air-to-oil kit, oil filter relocation kit, egr, stc fitting kit, alternator, water pump, FICM, fan with the assistance on this site. <--- just to clarify, work not done because of break down issues. Mine is only used for camping trips of up to 1k miles roundtrip, i just found the most common issues and addressed them to minimize being on the side of the road on a camping trip. Its still a 15 year old truck... 27k-ish miles later still no big issues.

Work break is over....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
DOes anyone know of a great mechanic on the East Coast/Northeast that does engine swaps? Am I crazy for even buying this thing? I need a Bulletproofed 6.0 first. if anyone has any opinion on that, chime in
Ashville or kill devil diesel for a long block. Get oringed heads and head studs included with the motor. Use BPD oil cooler relocation kit or air to oil cooler and a full flow coolant filter.
Check the turbo out, replace if necessary. New injectors, belts, hoses (and other small parts). I'd, personally, do a regulated return fuel kit while I was in there, as well as a high quality fuel pump. If you want to keep the hfcm system, I'd get a new hfcm. New fan clutch, a new fan, if needed.
Now, I'd personally do the work myself, but that's me. IMO, knowing a motor like this, from experience, is a priceless thing. I can diagnose and fix most problems with my truck in a few hours, sometimes a day or 2, depending on the particular problem. But I can do it myself and pretty quick. This is because I've done all my current repairs myself. I recognize failures pretty quick and easy because of that. I can also repair it pretty quick, because I've done the work before.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

We use dieselwerx in Clinton, Tennessee. I haven't had them do an engine swap, but I know they do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts