Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Job # of overfull oil

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  F350DRW1 
#1 ·
To the people who are having overfull oil issues please post your Job # and build date (if you know it). I am hoping that Ford had a bad set of injectors and/or pumps and it is not just a complete bad design on behalf of navistar. With such a high pressure system would this not have been foreseen?

I am about to change my oil for the first time (six months has passed and at 2,300 miles) I will probably do an oil analysis (to check for fuel % mainly). Mine is a Job 2 born in September of 2007.

Good luck all. I believe this is something that if left unchecked will turn into a monster for ford (or something we as customers all know and Ford tries to sweep under the rug). They will probably use this as a reason that they switched to an in house engine and tout their new engine meanwhile screwing those who have been loyal. I think once damage has been done, what's done is done. When these are the only diesel engines crapping out at 110,000 miles with hard engine failures (opposed to normal wear items) even when taken care of, it will be too late for customers and too bad for ford as it is their product I will remember.

:dunno:

#3 ·
only 2,300 miles in 6 months?

#4 ·
what can I say my truck is my toy.....I have a work vehicle and a car for running around. I want to pay my truck off and get a boat, so I am not putting too many miles on it right now,,,I would rather put more money on the payment than in the tank right now. Not that I watch how many miles I drive but it just turns out that way so I stick it into the payment at the end of the month....

I want to do the dpf/spartan but it is problems like this that keep me from doing it...I will watch mine for a while and see how it is acting. I hope I missed many of the Job 1 problems....This injector/fuel issue has potential to be big money so I will rule it out before modding

#5 ·
Seems they are claiming regen is causing it. This can't be true because they all go into regen when they are stock. They would all have the problem. There are problems with certain trucks.

Mine was built March 07. 34000 miles and no problem yet.

#6 ·
A little over 5k on the OD. My oil is 1/4-3/8 of a inch over the the plastic bulb. Took it in, dealer said it is normal within ford specs.:dunno: They said it was due to regen. I have my dashdaq in hand (no tunes yet), I wonder if the dpf delete will solve my problem. :dunno: I have a job 2 with a build date of 9/07.

#10 ·
I figure I'll check my oil sometime this week and see.

I was curious what the dealers are doing. Are they changing the oil? If so just take it in every 1000 miles for a free oil change.

#14 ·
:dunno:I don't know. The did not say what was too full or how to check my oil according to the knew tsb. I am wondering if I change the oil, and add the 15 qts back in and leave the dipstick part way out (new way to check oil according to ford) will it be low, or even register on the stick? I tried to talk to the manager or a tech and none were available at the time. They gave me his number to call...I wait to for my test kit to come in from blackstone then I might change the oil. I'm tempted to extend it to 10k, then it should be really full.:nod: I am creating my own paper trail with pictures to document this problem myself. Then I will have proof to take to my lazy dealer.

#15 ·
That's a good idea.

I tried to check mine but I've determined that it's impossible to check with that dip stick.

#17 ·
Mine is showing to high on the dipstick as well. I believe its a job 3 but Im not sure when those started coming out. I do know the truck was built 02/08. When I talked to the service advisor today about getting a recall done he had a real cherry voice untill I told him about the oil stiuation. His voice became a little grim and he put me on hold for a few seconds. When he came back he changed from bring it in anytime to lets schedule an appointment.

#19 ·
im comming up on my second oil change in a couple thousand miles. almost 14000 in a year and a half with no problems yet (knock on wood). im pretty sure i have a 07 build date but ill have to check. i check my oil at least once a month, i did have a small oil leak under the timing cover but it cured it self ? the truck gets used as a daily driver and tows a small camper. it does act funny going into regen sometimes power loss with a little bit of a studder. hope everything goes good for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.