Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i no that on this forum some were it talks about job 1 and 3, but i can not find it. So how do i tell what job i have?:dunno: Thank you

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
2008 Ford SuperDuty diesel-powered trucks, F-250 thru F-550:

Roughly, 2008 Job 1 trucks were produced in the first half of 2007. Job 2 trucks were produced in the second half of 2007. And Job 3 trucks were produced in 2008. So if you find a new Job 1 2008 on a dealer's lot, it has been sitting there for well over a year. And a Job 2 truck has been sitting there for about a year. A Job 3 truck will have been sitting there for only 3 to 9 months.

To see what was included in Job 1 trucks, and what changed for Job 2 truck, click on the following link and skip down to about page 11 and start reading until you finish about page 32. https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckBBAS/non-html/2008/whatsnew2008.pdf ... Basically, they added some options for Job 2 that weren't available for Job 1.

Next, click on the following link: Sunrise Ford Fleet - The Download Center, change the model year to 2008, and download the 2008 order guide for your choice of pickup. The Job 3 changes are listed in that order guide.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that helped.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is there anything you can do just by looking at them? I am looking at a bunch of trucks online and with limited pictures whats the best way to figure it out?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Is there anything you can do just by looking at them? I am looking at a bunch of trucks online and with limited pictures whats the best way to figure it out?
there are a few visual cues, and options. but when buying a truck there isnt a big enough difference to push one over the edge.

visual things, larger front air dam on the job 2 and 3, chrome package only available on job 2 and 3, but those are about it.

·
Banned
167 Posts
when you say a job 1 has a smaller air dam, are you talking abiut the grille, the bumper or what area specificaly, im very confused

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
when you say a job 1 has a smaller air dam, are you talking abiut the grille, the bumper or what area specificaly, im very confused
In the image below, its the black piece below the front bumper. On the Job 2 & 3 it was extended to about 6in+.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts