Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have many people had a reliable Job 1 6.4? It seems like they aren't too different from the job 2 or 3 from what I've read but I'm not too sure and I've found a job 1 that I really have interest in buying.

Thank you

Ed

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've only put about 3k on mine since I bought it but I'd check with the dealer and see what all has been replaced under warranty...(radiators were an issue) other than that I've loved mine so far.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would have dealer pull an oasis report, and see what has been replaced. usually job one problems occur early in life. mine, radiator at 10k, hpfp, injectors, fuel lines 30k, y pipe leak 32k.
If nothing is on report and you plan on mods that would void warranty, i would wait and put some miles on it. If it is already out of warranty, mod away as soon as possible and drive it sensibly you will be fine. most job 1 problems would have occurred imo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information...I'll have to look at the oasis report and see whats been changed but the truck has around 50,000 miles and has a 4 inch pipe, dpf delete, with a tuner which sounds like a good thing...most of these seem to be more reliable with that upgrade.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oasis report showed that nothing has been done to the truck except for a few minor recalls...you think that's a good sign?

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Neighbor has a job 1. EGR issue that is it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not all job 1's will have problems, there are just common problems. It could be one that will have no issues, or tuned and deleted early in life and driven sensibly.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Mine is treating me well. No issues.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I had the radiator go out (which isn't covered under powertrain warranty) then my egr went out, but that was covered. I haven't got an oasis yet, but I love my truck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Only real issues i've had is a plugged egr valve and two leaking radiator hoses. 42k here

·
Registered
305 Posts
Only owned mine about a month, bought it from the dealer with 38000 on it bone stock. I love the truck and it will be tuned, strait piped, and intaked as soon as possible. Love it so far though, much better than the old f150 I had.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Other than regen problems and issues with that Job 1 here has been great with 45,000 miles. The H&S Tuner is great and needs to be updated just want to make sure I have off that day just incase I run into problems. I'm not the best with computers.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have 90k on my late job 1. No issues yet. I figure if they were going to happen, they would of happened. Mods are in my sig. She runs well, but is due for a tranny.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a Job 1 tuned with 135k miles tuned with H&S. love the truck. Only big problem is I fried the PCM some how last week and had to replace it. Still can't figure out what happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts